June - Favourite Albums

Sunday, 2 July 2017

I haven't exactly been going that mad with buying records over the past few weeks, as I have instead been pretty busy with buying holiday clothes - therefore, I can't exactly write up a vinyl haul post at the moment, so instead thought that today I would just mention a couple of my most loved, and most played albums from the month of June!



Blondie - 'Parallel Lines'

This was actually the most recent record that I bought, and was a bit of an impulse purchase to be honest - I mean, this album was of course on my vinyl wishlist because it's fantastic and I have loved it for an incredibly long time, but at the time of it's purchase, I just sort of impulsively picked it up because I was in HMV and felt like I had to get something...



Anyway, that doesn't really matter now considering that ever since I bought 'Parallel Lines', it has sort of relentlessly been on my turntable! Blondie are definitely one of my favourite bands, and this is certainly my favourite album of theirs - beforehand, I already had 'Eat to the Beat' which is another great album, yet my new addition does seem to take the biscuit due to the fact that every song on the album is really really great (and I also really love the album cover too!).

Favourite Songs - 'Picture This', '11:59', 'Heart of Glass'



The Smiths - 'The Queen is Dead'

This album isn't such a new addition to my collection as I actually bought it back in January, but it is certainly one of my favourites - when people ask me what my favourite album is, this one is normally up there and rightly so, due to it being such an incredible album...

I own four Smiths albums on vinyl at the moment (although there are 3 more that I want), and would probably say that 'The Queen is Dead' is my favourite of the lot - whilst I love my two compilation albums, and also listen to 'Meat is Murder' a lot, this one is just the perfect LP to put on at any time, whatever mood I am in. June has seen this album on my turntable a heck of a lot again, and I'm sure that it will probably keep being played over and over again by me for the foreseeable future too!

Favourite Songs - 'There is a Light that Never Goes Out', 'Cemetery Gates', 'The Queen is Dead'



As you can probably tell, I am pretty passionate about my vinyl collection, and certainly love a lot of albums - hopefully today gave you all a little insight into two of my current favourites, and I do also hope to be back with some more music/vinyl related posts again soon as there are so many more records on my wishlist!

Olivia xo

6 comments:

  1. Great hun! :)

    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that you still buy records - I don't actually know many people that do! xx

    Soph xo | sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know many either haha, but it's such a fun hobby!

      Delete
  3. Love The Smiths! Really want to try ad get all of their albums on vinyl

    Leah x
    http://www.leahmarriott.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! It's always great to here from other people who love The Smiths! I desperately want to get all their albums too - at the minute I have four but there's like three more that I want x

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10