Vinyl Vibes...

Sunday, 19 February 2017

Due to my immense love of all things music (mostly old, retro music), I thought it might be nice to write up a little post every so often of the albums and songs that I am most in love with. Over the past few months, you may have noticed the occasional musically-themed post emerge as I talk about the vinyl records that I have recently bought or am currently loving... now though, I would really like to make such posts a more permanent theme on my blog, along with my other displayed passions of fashion and makeup!

So today, to start this new feature off, I thought I would just talk a little about two of my vinyl albums that I am currently playing a heck of a lot of, those albums being 'Hatful of Hollow' by The Smiths and also 'Songs from the Big Chair' by Tears for Fears.


I had wanted to buy myself a record by The Smiths for quite some time, so when I was in Sainsburys the a few weeks back (yes, Sainsburys do now stock vinyl, and a pretty good selection of it for that matter) I decided that it was finally about time that I made a purchase! 'Hatful of Hollow' was certainly at the top of my Smiths Record Wishlist, and so I was really really happy to finally be able to add it to my ever-growing vinyl collection. 


I honestly love the cover of this album (blue is my favourite colour after all), and also always adore it when you can open up the album cover and find a picture of the artist/band inside, so I find it pretty cool that there is a picture of The Smiths inside of 'Hatful of Hollow'! Of course though, I also love the music on the album itself and would certainly regard it as one of my favourite albums ever due to the amazing track listing - so many of my favourite Smiths songs are featured, including 'William, It was Really Nothing', 'What a Difference does it Make?', 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', 'How Soon is Now?', and also a rather cool, different version of 'This Charming Man', which certainly helps to cement it as one of my most played records!


I also adore Tears for Fears, and therefore got incredibly (and I mean incredibly excited!) when I found their iconic album 'Songs from the Big Chair' in a record shop last summer! Considering my immense love of all things 80's music, this album is also one of my most frequently played, as not only does it feature one of my favourite songs of all time, 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World', but it also has other great songs such as 'Shout' and 'Head over Heels' on the track listing.


I again love the cover of this record too (I'm all about cool, aesthetically pleasing record covers), and whilst this particular one doesn't open it like my Smiths one, it does have some cool pictures of the band on the record sleeve - plus, due to my sincere love for this album, I also later went on to purchase another Tears For Fears single ('Mad World') for myself at a record fair a little later on, because they are honestly just a band that I will never tire of listening to!

I do hope you all enjoyed this little vinyl themed post!

Olivia xo

3 comments:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10