A Weekend In Oxford

Sunday, 26 February 2017

Just last weekend, I was lucky enough to pay a visit to a city that I have never in fact visited before...that city being Oxford (but of course, you probably already guessed that from the title of this post).

Whilst I was there, I did in fact get to have a good wander around the city, and snap a few photos as I went, to share with you all today - as you will know if you have been to Oxford before, or as you may notice when you take a look at the next few images in this post, the buildings in the aforementioned city are indeed very pretty... for example, I just couldn't resist savouring the memory of the colourful shops in the picture below!




Aside from the cute colourful buildings, another example of the rather lovely architecture in Oxford, is the 'Bridge of Sighs' that you can see in the above photo (named so because of it's supposed similarity to the famous 'Bridge of Sighs' in Venice)...

All of the other buildings are of course very grand too, and the picturesque city of Oxford definitely did live up to my expectations as this rather historic, University city full of lots of beautiful old buildings, houses and shops.


Whilst we were in the city, we also decided to pay a visit to a museum - that museum being the Natural History one, which I was quite excited to have a look at, after roaming around the other, arguably more famous one in London just a few months ago. 

Of course this version of Natural History Museum probably wasn't on such a large scale as the one in the capital, but it was still nice to have a little visit to it (however, there was a little too much taxidermy there for my liking) - especially considering the building itself was again very beautiful, and hopefully in the two images below you can take see the rather lovely features of this building...


Another thing that I particularly loved about Oxford (apart from my evident love of all the cute buildings there), was all the little shops dotted about - for example, I visited a rather cool little music shop, as well as a poster and art shop which contained everything from old movie and book posters, to postcards and photography books. Unfortunately though, during my visit I didn't really make any great purchases in terms of shopping (very unlike me, I know), and in the end only bought myself some paper covered in sketches of famous record covers, because I thought it looked cool!




Before we headed home from Oxford though, we did drop into Bicester Village, which for those of you who aren't too familiar with, is a shopping outlet complex. I have visited Bicester once before, but to be honest completely forgot about how expensive a lot of the items there still are, even after they have been discounted - for that reason, I again didn't by myself anything :(

However, I did manage to snap a couple of really rather cute photos of the shops there (even if I do say so myself), and we also did pop into Pret for a bite to eat, which is always a plus considering I love this chain of eateries and the great range of food and drink that they offer... especially when it's a Pret as large as the one at Bicester (it's seriously ginormous, with a never ending section of places to sit)!


My apologies that this was only a rather brief post, but I did just think that it would be nice to share a little bit of an insight into my recent visit to Oxford considering that I have never actually been to the city before, and thought that it would also make a little bit of a change from my usual review and haul sorts of posts!

Olivia xo

14 comments:

  1. Great photos! ;)

    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos!! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, and I certainly did!!

      Delete
  3. I would like to visit Oxford one day! I love the Natural History Museum building, it's so interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it's a lovely city!

      Delete
  4. it looks beaut! and so photo worthy haha xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is the perfect place to take lots of nice photos!

      Delete
  5. I study in Oxford and live here for half the year, so it's fab to see the city through a visitor's eyes! I really like Bicester village, it's a great place to go even just for a bit of window shopping! Thanks for sharing all your lovely photos 😘

    Abbey 💕 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so happy that you enjoyed having a read of my post!

      Delete
  6. I've never been to Oxford before but your photos are gorgeous and I'd love to go now! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you - you should definitely visit at some point, it's lovely!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures. I've been to Oxford just once, when I was 14. I hope I will go back there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope you do get to visit again soon, it's so nice there!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10