Getting to try out a new product that is being launched is definitely one of my favourite things - therefore, after seeing several other bloggers receive the new REN release, I was also super excited to try it for myself!
Called the 'Perfect Canvas', this serum appealed to me immediately as the idea of such a product helping my skin to look healthier and smoother was definitely pretty intriguing... so, having been set a 14 day challenge by REN to see how the 'Perfect Canvas' helped my skin, I couldn't wait to get started.
I should probably start by putting forward some of the claims by REN of how I could expect the 'Perfect Canvas' serum to benefit my skin;
- It would still act like a primer despite being silicone free, which would leave a good base for me to apply my makeup upon.
- Less makeup would be needed after a while due to improved skin health.
- Pore size would decrease, and I would also hopefully experience fewer breakouts.
So, after feeling suitably excited by the prospect of these claims, I set about using my 'Perfect Canvas' for the first time - after popping on some moisturiser, I then just massaged a few drops of product into my skin, and then proceeded with applying my makeup (pretty easy, eh)...
Now two weeks after first using the 'Perfect Canvas' serum, it's time to talk about the results of using said product...
- I have really been loving apply the serum as it leaves my skin feeling pretty lovely and prepared for the makeup that I then apply.
- In terms of my actual skin health, I haven't actually seen any major breakouts since I started using the 'Perfect Canvas' a couple of weeks ago (I have only really had one spot appear), but I will definitely have to continue monitoring this as my skin tends to just do what it wants anyway.
- What's more, I do feel as though I have been using a little bit less makeup recently too - it may be also down to the fact that I spent a couple of weeks in sunny Italy not so long ago, but my skin has been looking a bit healthier, and my usual red patches haven't been looking so..well, red.
Of course though, I will continue with using the 'Perfect Canvas' serum daily, as hopefully it will continue to benefit my skin the longer I apply it - I will try and let you all know how I am getting on with it in a couple of months or so though.
In the mean time though, be sure to take a look at the latest REN release HERE!
This post was sponsored by REN Clean Skincare.