Instagram Round Up 2016

Friday, 23 December 2016

It only really occurred to me the other day that it is now so very nearly the end of yet another year - 2016 seems to have literally flown by, and although I do find myself saying this every single year, it has to be said that this past year has definitely passed particularly quickly! 

In fairness, we do have another week or so left of 2016, yet I thought I would do a bit of a photo-related round up of my year now, because by the time I next post, I would really like to be doing a little write up on some of the things that I have received for Christmas (if that's something you would all be interested in seeing/reading)! Therefore, over the past couple of weeks I have been scouring through my Instagram account (@_oliviabeth or https://www.instagram.com/_oliviabeth/) looking for some of my favourite photos of the past 12 months to share with you all today...


California - in the summer, I was lucky enough to visit California for a few weeks (although quite a lot of you probably already know this, because I did mention it a hell of a lot), and whilst I was on my little road trip of sorts, I definitely managed to snap a fair few photos! Visiting Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco, I really did have the most amazing time - exploring in the sun
was literally a dream, and even though it did become a tad colder once we had headed north to San Francisco, I still managed to tick an awful lot off my bucket list along the way...


- Huntington Beach was a place that I had wanted to visit ever since was first trip to Hollister several years ago (in case you didn't know, the live stream of the beach in Hollister stores is actually of Huntington Beach!) and on my summer trip, I finally got to pay this beautiful beach area a visit!


- My few days at Disneyland were hands down some of the best days of the holiday, because as any of you have been to a Disney park may know, they literally are the most lovely of places ever! I had previously been to Disney World Florida on a handful of occasions, but had always wanted to make the trip to the Californian equivalent as well - and trust me, I definitely wasn't disappointed when I finally got there around six months ago!
 

- San Francisco has also quickly become one of my favourite places after my summer visit, and after being excited to visit for the best part of forever, it really did live up to my high expectations! The city itself is just so full of things to see, that I would really really love to go back there some day - the above photo was actually taken after a drive over the Golden Gate Bridge, in the sunny area of Sausalito.


- I just had to include a photo of Bay Bridge in San Francisco in this post as well, due to the fact that we actually travelled under this structure everyday by boat on our way over to the city itself. It really looked so beautiful in the sunshine, and I actually took the above photo on my last day in the city, when we were on the boat back to Alameda.




Make Up - in terms of makeup, I have also had a pretty good year in terms of new additions to my collection! Considering I journeyed to the US in the summer, I did manage to rack up a fair few beauty purchases there (off the top of my head I remember buying a NARS Creamy Concealer, a couple of Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks, and also a Pixi Eyeshadow Palette amongst other things), as well as numerous other makeup buys throughout the year too, most of which I have just adored using in the months since.


- In terms of eyeshadow, I must say that the above two palettes were definitely up there with my favourites of this past year. On the left is the Fortune Favours The Brave Palette by Makeup Revolution which of course everybody raves about (and rightly so!), whilst on the left is the Pixi Palette that I picked up whilst in the US and love dearly due to it's nude colour selection.


- I do love my nail polishes, and every year seem to amass many more in my ever-growing collection - this year was no different, and it would seem that my love of Essie nail polishes, in particular, peaked and my collection is definitely at it's biggest (and most pretty) right now!


- It was also this past year that I decided to take matters into my own hands and finally purchase the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (which I absolutely love, and in all honesty don't know how I lived without before), and whilst making this purchase, I thought I may as well also buy myself a lipstick from the aforementioned brand too. The lipstick that I bought was from the Vice Collection, and was a Metallic number called Amulet - which I again love due to it's dark brown hue, and have been wearing an awful lot of throughout the past few months.


- I don't think that there is much more to say about the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette other than that this product really is something special (and of course that you should definitely put it right at the top of your Makeup Purchases Wish List if you don't already have it, because it really is amazing)!


Food - I have also ate a good amount of amazing food over the course of the year as well - of course in  California I dined on a lot of gorgeous stateside meals (think pizza after pizza, as well as a good helping of french toast and cheesecake), whilst back at home I also made my way though many a bowls of pasta... as well as lots and lots more pizza too because... well, pizza is the best!


- I am rather partial to a veggie burger (to clarify, I'm not actually a vegetarian, I just like veggie burgers), and this Halloumi and Red Pepper filled one that I ate at some point in the summer was certainly one of my favourites of the year - it really did taste as good as it looks!


- From the Cheesecake Factory (not actually Cheesecake, I know, but don't worry I did indulge in a slice of cheesecake at another point on my trip to the US), the above Enchiladas really were gorgeous, and the perfect meal to eat after a long day sitting in the car as we drove around California. 


- In all honesty, I have actually lost count of the number of times that I have now ate the above dish of waffles on my visits to Ed's Diner. I'm not too sure that they actually have this particular treat on the Breakfast Menu any longer, but when it was on there earlier this year, I indulged in it on every single one of my visits (and would happily do so again and again now...it's just that good)!


- PIZZA! In all honesty, I wouldn't even dare to think about the number of pizzas that I have ate over the past year because the number would just be so large! Because of that, it would seem that my Instagram feed has also been littered with many pizza-themed photos - the above one being a particular favourite of mine that I ate whilst shopping in California.


Miscellaneous - After looking through this past year's photos, I also realised that I had a fair few random ones that I would also like to talk a bit about. These few don't really fit that well within my other photo categories, but because they are so often included in my Instagram posts, I thought it would only be right to include them in this post as well anyway...


- Just like with Pizza, the amount of cups of tea that I have drunk over the past year is also probably an exceedingly high number (although this is probably the same for many British people to be honest), and because of this, yet again I have taken a very large amount of photos of cups of tea over the past year... hopefully you can all forgive me this though, because a cup of tea actually does look very aesthetically pleasing!


- I have also done a fair amount of baking this year, and the above cupcakes are probably up there with the bakes that I have been most happiest with over the past twelve months! If I remember rightly, I did have a bit of an issue in terms of icing with these cakes (the bag ripped or something like that), but after a bit of a panic I managed to salvage them anyway, and they actually turned out pretty well (even if I do say so myself!).


- Vinyl has come back in a big way this year, and it was in fact back in January that I got my own Record Player. Since then, I have amassed quite a collection of records, made up of charity shops finds, hand me downs, and of course ones that I have bought myself from stores such as HMV - as a great lover of all things music, my vinyl wishlist is still rather long though, so I can't wait to keep adding more and more singles and albums to my collection next year as well!

I would personally say that 2016 has been a really great year for me, and hopefully as you can see from my photos of the past 12 months, I have managed to do (and buy) a lot! 

Of course, it's not the end of the year just yet though, and because of this I would love to wish you all the loveliest of Christmases -I hope you all have a fantastic time!!

Olivia xo

4 comments:

  1. Nice post ;)

    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your photos! Hope you have an amazing christmas and 2017 xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10