A Visit to Birmingham

Sunday, 6 November 2016

Over the past few weeks, I have found myself journeying into Birmingham on a number of occasions...because, after all, it is one of my favourite local places to go shopping, and for a 20 minute train journey, contains pretty much all of the shops that I could ever ask for!! What's more, recently, it has in fact been the half term holidays and I therefore thought it apt to do a fair bit of shopping after going a fair few weeks without buying all that much at all (I know, how tragic?!) - so, of course, on my very recent visit to Birmingham, I made sure to have a proper spend, and I now think it very appropriate to share where I went, and what I purchased with you all today!


On my recent visit, I made it a priority to visit Primark, Lush and Urban Outfitters (Primark because I was generally on the lookout for some bargains, Lush because I was yet to buy anything from their Autumn/Winter Collection before my visit, and Urban Outfitters because, well, who doesn't love that shop?), and due to the fact that they all reside on the same street outside of the Bullring shopping centre, it was pretty easy to call into them all in quick succession.

In Primark, I was actually pretty chuffed to buy myself a couple of rather lovely winter scarves, that cost just £4 each - yes, JUST £4...pretty amazing considering I had previously had my sights set on a £20 scarf from Zara, and then ended up with two equally nice items for a fraction of that price! Anyway, the scarves that I ended up buying, were an incredibly cool houndstooth patterned one, and also a cute grey and lime checked one - both of which I am incredibly impressed with considering that they cost so little, but still are really quite soft, and also feel of a pretty good quality; being thick enough to keep me nice and warm through the winter months.


From Lush, I also got a couple of items (although, I have also wrote up a mini haul post on said items that you can have a better read of HERE)...those items being the Sparkly Pumpkin and Snowie Bubble Bars....although, with the choice of items being so great in there at the moment, I'm pretty sure I will be back in there and buying more bath bombs and bubbles bars again very soon. On the other hand, in Urban Outfitters, I didn't actually buy anything (although, I did get close to buying a white shirt that was in the sale), and I pretty much only made it a priority to visit so that I could show my Mom a movie-themed book that I would quite like for Christmas.


Of course though, Urban Outfitters is just one of those shops that I could simply muse around for hours, what with all the cute clothes and accessories that they sell, as well as all their home and stationary items (plus the vinyl records that they also stock). I haven't actually bought anything in terms of clothing from UO for such an awfully long time now though, but am definitely keeping my eye out for some bits and pieces that I like, so if I do receive any money for Christmas and my Birthday, I can finally purchase something from there (in fact, I think I need to stop 'keeping my eye out', as by this point I have now created an enormous mental list of items that I adore from said store).

I did also have a look around a few of the other shops in Birmingham whilst on my visit (primarily Selfridges, because it probably/definitely is one of the best shops in the city...and what with it's rather gorgeous Christmas decorations up now, a visit there really does tick all the boxes), but I tried to contain my spending urges due to the fact that I am also going to London in a few weeks as well, so do want to save some of my cash for spending there (although I did also buy a really cool top from Hollister with Blondie on too). Instead, we then went for some lunch at the newly opened Alchemist - this restaurant/bar is renowned for it's cocktails, and after visiting the Leeds outlet earlier this year, when we found out that this chain would also be opening up in Birmingham, a visit was most definitely on the cards.



Although I didn't actually get any photos of the interior of this rather cool eatery, I can safely say that it is very nice indeed, with a pretty chilled out atmosphere and lots of cool and quirky items on the walls and tables. In terms of food, as per usual, I had the most expensive thing on the menu - that dish being chicken fajitas, but hopefully as you can see from the above photo, they were very very good indeed...so in fairness, were totally worth their pretty high price tag in the end anyway. Also, for a drink, I tried one of the many the mocktails that the Alchemist offer, after choosing to have the Strawberry Colada one on my Leeds visit and being very impressed. This time, I opted for Bubbly Gum, which as you may well of guessed, tasted like bubble gum and clearly had some sort of dry ice in, as was letting off a sort of steam for the best part of my meal (of course though, this fits right in with the Alchemist brand and their love of making cocktails in a sort of Chemistry Class way... I mean, even the drinks menu resembles a Periodic Table!).

And that is pretty much all there is to tell of my little day out into Birmingham - a successful shopping trip by all accounts, where for once, I actually managed to find and buy all that I wanted in a rather efficient manner, and also squeezed a pretty good lunch in along the way too! 

All that's now left to say is that I really do hope you all enjoyed this sort of 'day in the life' themed post, as I will more than likely be typing up another quite soon after my upcoming trip to London...

Olivia xo

12 comments:

  1. your pictures are always so pretty, I love urban outfitters too. I always want everything but can never afford anything haha!! xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! and I agree, it's all so nice, but so expensive!

      Delete
  2. I am soon going to move out to London for the countryside life with my partner and I think we are about 45 minutes away from Birmingham so I am looking forward to visit this city that I know nothing about ! great post !

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so cool, I'm sure you'll love Birmingham, it's a great city!

      Delete
  3. haha could tell by the glasses its alchemist, absolutely love their manchester bar x3

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their glasses are pretty unique and recognisable aren't they! I have never been to the one in Manchester, perhaps I should try it sometime!

      Delete
  4. Need to visit Birmingham soon! And the lights are soooo pretty omg!

    xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do!!! It's so christmassy there now!

      Delete
  5. Nice post dear ;)

    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This mall is so pretty and so Christmas spirit-ish! I love all of the decor. Also, your pictures are stellar by the way. They make me feel like heading down there myself.

    ~Alexandra
    www.mstigerlilly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!! Yes, it's so pretty in the shopping centre at the minute!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10