About My Spectrum Brushes...

Wednesday, 7 September 2016

If you follow me on twitter, then you may well know of my constant yearning to own a set of the gorgeous Spectrum Brushes...so beautiful they always looked on many a blog and Instagram post, that I just knew that I had to get my own set at some point, and for that reason these much loved brushes had been right at the top of my Beauty Wishlist for quite some time!

Then, by some incredible stroke of look Spectrum actually sent me a set of their Brushes (namely the 10 Piece Essentials Set that I had been crushing on for the best part of forever), and since the day they arrived I have been incredibly excited to write up this post, and tell you all about them...


When I found out that I would be receiving my amazing set of brushes, I must admit that I was very happy indeed (I definitely let out a little squeal of joy), and just couldn't wait to try out each and every brush and find out what they were actually like. I knew from a quick read of previous reviews that all of the Spectrum Brushes were meant to be rather fabulous in terms of both looks and quality, but whilst I was awaiting my delivery I also noticed in Cosmopolitan magazine that said set were actually featured in their must-have beauty items- another reason to add to the list of why I was so excited to own some Spectrum brushes.

Anyway, once my brushes finally arrived, all the anticipation and waiting paid off, and I did in fact fall in love with them pretty much straight away. Getting them out of their cute neon pink cover, and getting a good look at them (as well as feeling how soft they are) proved just as exciting as I had hoped- the design of these brushes is really something else, and the lovely pink handles as well as the blue and purple brush heads make them stand out a mile off (and really differ from all competition). After admiring the beauty of my Essentials Set, I then quickly proceeded to find out the use of each brush, and try them out for myself...


Here, I thought I would just note what each brush in the set actually does (in case you were wondering, as it can be a little confusing with so many in there) and also tell you a little about what I like about each one:

(I have included the number/code of the certain brush as well as the name below, even though you can't actually see them in all of my photos)


The Three Biggest Brushes-

B01- Flat Top Buffer Brush - this one is perfect to apply foundation with, and also to buff any cakey areas of base makeup into the skin to create a more flawless finish (I suppose in some ways, it's a bit like if a Beauty Blender was in brush form).

A01- Large Domed Powder Brush - okay, this one is probably a bit of an obvious one, but it is simply perfect for applying power as it is large enough to dust product over your whole face in just a couple of strokes.

A05- Angled Brush - this one is pretty good for applying contouring products, as it's angled design helps get bronzers into the depths of the cheekbones, and also highlighter along the high points.


The Four Small Brushes-

B03- Buffing Conealer Brush - I have never actually had a concealer buffer brush before, but this one has completely opened my eyes and showed me how useful such a small buffing brush is at creating a smooth complexion, in smaller areas where blemishes may be hiding.

I do then think that all of the next three brushes are really perfect to use with eyeshadow products, as the A06- Large Shader Brush is great at dusting shadow all over the eyelids, whilst the B06- Tall Tapered Brush and the B04- Small Angled Brush are fabulous to build up the colours and get the darker shades into the crease etc.


The Three Smallest Brushes-

A17- Angled Brow Brush - again, this one really speaks for itself, and although I haven't tried it out yet, I'm sure it will be perfect to use to apply brow pomades.

A15- Lip Liner Brush - another one with a quite obvious use, that I also haven't tried yet but am rather intrigued to have a go with when applying my liners in future.

A09- Angled Eyeliner Brush - I believe that this is the one that is slightly bent just before the brush head (I do have a little difficulty distinguishing between the smallest three items), but I haven't given this brush a go yet either because I don't really often use such small brushes...although, of course, I will try it out at some point to see how well it does apply my eyeliner!



If the look and endless uses of these brushes isn't enough to convince you of their amazingness just yet, I can also say that they are Vegan and Cruelty Free, as well as a rather reasonable price (£39.99) which is quite a lot cheaper than most other raved about brushes out there (plus, I do believe if you sign up to emails from Spectrum, you can get 10% off your first purchase).

***

It would seem that the wait has definitely paid off in terms of me owning a set of these brushes, as I am simply in awe of their beauty and just love how varied the Essentials Collection is, as altogether the brushes really do cover every single part of my makeup routine! I have so far only used these brushes a little each, as to be fair I didn't receive them all that long ago- however, I can already tell just how much of a staple in my collection they will become, as I am pretty much reaching out to use them for something or other everyday already.

Have you ever tried any of the Spectrum Brushes? If so, what are you thoughts on them?...please let me know in the comments below!!

(P.S. You can find all the Spectrum Brush Collections HERE)

Olivia xo

14 comments:

  1. Love these so much, the colours are beautiful they look like mermaid brushes!

    Jess xo / Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The colours are so great aren't they!! I love the pink and blue together.

      Delete
  2. Lovely brushes! I definitely need to try them!

    Alina x
    www.thevanillakiss.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should try them out at some point, they are amazing!!

      Delete
  3. These brushes look stunning! I love all the colours on them. I'd love to try these out :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely very beautiful, as well as amazing quality...absolutely worth the purchase!!

      Delete
  4. Those brushes are so beautiful! Like fluffy unicorns. No wonder you were putting them on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been in love with them for sooooo long...I love your comparison to unicorns!!

      Delete
  5. Looks great!

    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these brushes, the colours look like they make doing your makeup so much more fun!! Haha.

    http://www.greenteavogueandme.com

    Maija Lily Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours definitely do...they are so cool!!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10