A Weekend In Liverpool

Sunday, 4 September 2016

Last weekend I was able to visit one of my favourite cities in the UK (that city of course being Liverpool), and despite the fact that it was Bank Holiday Monday on the day that I went, the weather actually held up and was rather glorious...because of that, I managed to snap some photos of my trip, and decided to compile them here today and also talk a little about what I got up to in the lovely city itself.


I had wanted to make the journey up to Liverpool again for some time (I have actually been a couple of times before), as not only do I love the shops there and the general sights that make up the city, I also wanted to visit The Beatles Museum (as a fan of the band, I just knew I had to have a good old look around, and buy many a souvenir too). After consulting my parents on the matter, we arranged to go up to Liverpool for the Bank Holiday Weekend and spend a day there on the Monday (we also went to Cheshire Oaks the day before, which, if you haven't heard of before, is a shopping outlet about 30 minutes from Liverpool where you can find many high street and high end products at discounted prices).

(Outfit Details...Top and Trousers from Topshop and Watch from Abbott Lyon)

We stayed in a hotel outside of the city centre, and therefore caught the train into the central area on the Monday morning. After musing around the docks for a short while, and getting some general outfit photos took whilst it was still rather quiet (the only other person about was a road cleaner), we made our way over to the Beatles Museum which sits at the heart of the Albert Dock area. I had actually visited the museum before, when I was about 12, yet didn't really appreciate any of its contents due to the fact that I wasn't really much of a Beatles' fan and unfortunately didn't really have any interest in their music. Since then though, I have realised my foolishness at taking no notice of their songs and general impact on music...now, I definitely regard them as one of my most listened to artists (I just can't resist playing one of their albums on my Record Player) so for that reason thoroughly enjoyed exploring the museum this time around, and would definitely recommend anyone who is visiting Liverpool to make a trip to this museum if you are in fact like me, a music fan!


After experiencing the aforementioned attraction (and of course raiding the gift shop), we then headed over to the shops which are about a 5 minutes walk from Albert Dock. The main shopping area in Liverpool really is something to marvel at- the centre (Liverpool One) is a truly amazing open air centre jam packed with stores such as Zara, Pull&Bear (where I bought a new jacket and shirt) and many more, whilst you can also find probably all the other shops you could ever think of just up the road on the high street (for example, there's a Forever 21 where I got a new bag for use in the Autumn and also a lovely coppery coloured scarf, as well as stores such as Primark and H&M).


All the walking about did prove rather tiring work though, and pretty soon it was definitely time for a spot of lunch. We opted for Miller&Carter, and after browsing the menu and trying to decide between a couple of lovely sounding dishes, I found myself ordering a steak burger and fries (I can't believe that I didn't actually take a photo of this dish, as I normally always stop and have a photo opportunity when it comes to food...so sorry about that), which was lovely, but practically inhaled due to my hunger.


With the sun shining as it was, we then decided to have a stroll around the Albert Dock area before we caught our train back to the hotel- I didn't actually really divulge a lot of information on this place earlier, so if you didn't know, this Dock is just full of little shops, museums and great places to eat, and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Liverpool (and for good reason, as it is a rather beautiful area).  Due to the fact that it was the Bank Holiday, there were also tons of stalls, rides and pop-up bars and eateries about (although they may have been there all summer long actually), and I really loved walking through the masses of people who were just lazing around in the sun, eating ice creams and watching the world go by (it really did feel like a dreamed about, stereotypical summer's day!).

Well...that was my day out in Liverpool, a truly lovely city that I just loved having an explore of and simply cannot wait to go back to (although I'm not too sure that the weather would be as beautiful next time, as we definitely got very lucky with the sun).

***

Just a little side note before I end this post though, to say that I will only be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays now for the foreseeable future as I'm going back to Sixth Form next week and will obviously have a lot more to do in terms of work, and by posting less frequently I can really make sure that my content is still up to scratch.

Thank you for reading anyway though, and I really hope you enjoyed this "Day in the Life" themed post...

Olivia xo


10 comments:

  1. Liverpool looks beautiful! I have wanted to visit for awhile - largely for the Beatles history, but the more I got looking into the city the more attractive it became! I'm glad you got such a beautiful day for wandering around, it's always nice to be able to walk and do whatever you want, rather than worry about rain and keeping dry :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely make the visit sometime, it really is a beautiful city! and I completely agree with you about the weather- it makes a change for it to be sunny on a Bank Holiday.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a lovely day in Liverpool! I went myself in August for a shopping trip, I think Liverpool one's shopping area has to be one of my favourites! I also went to Miller&Carter actually! I was really liked it there! Lovely post X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad you loved it there too...how weird we both went to Miller&Carter! Imagine if I had gone the same day as you, and we had seen each other!

      Delete
  3. I have never been to Liverpool but it looks amazing, The Albert Dock area looks lovely! xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a very lovely place to visit...I hope you get to go there one day!!

      Delete
  4. I visited Liverpool for the first time this time last year, my brother went to look at the uni there and I fell in love with the city! Luckily my brother got in to study there so guess I'll be planning lots of daytrips!! Didn't know about Cheshire Oaks so will definitely have to pop by, sounds amazing!!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that your brother is at the Uni there, you will have to go and pay as many visits as possible!! Yes, and while you are up there definitely take a look at Cheshire Oaks, it has shops like Jack Wills, Ted Baker and also a couple of discounted makeup stores (one sells MAC)!!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10