More Travel Inspiration...

Sunday, 28 August 2016

Wanderlust is defined as a strong desire to travel, and wanderlust is in fact something that I have very much been feeling lately. A mere scroll through my Instagram feed, a peek at Pinterest, or a read through the destinations on TripAdvisor always seems to end up with me adding ever more places to my Travel Bucket List...even more so lately, what with everyone seeming to be on their summer holidays currently, and because of that, I have decided to compile a little list of a few cities and areas that I have recently found myself desperately wanting to visit!

Photo from...http://www.untours.com/untour/florence
I am super excited to say that I will actually be visiting Italy for the first time next year, and although I am going to be holidaying in Sorrento (somewhere that I have wanted to travel to for an incredibly long time, and will now undoubtably spend the next few months getting incredibly excited to visit), there is still so much more of the country that I am determined to visit afterwards. Before I have mentioned that in Italy I would love to visit Rome and Sorrento, but upon scouring through places to visit on Trip Advisor not so long ago, I also noted that Florence looked absolutely gorgeous, and for that reason I would just love to go there some time too.


Among my favourite cuisines lies Italian food, and I can only imagine how lovely it would be to eat ice cream and pizza in cute little cafes, before musing around the sights of such a city as Florence. The buildings look exquisite (and totally Instagram-worthy), the weather is sure to be sublime, and there's many museums and great tourist destinations to explore in Florence, which firmly places it on my Bucket List (although I would have to also put Pisa up there too, as I desperately want to see the Leaning Tower, and do that typical touristy putting your hand against it photo)!
For some strange reason, I have never visited Scotland despite the fact that it is not all that far from where I live in relation to some of the other places I have visited, and would be pretty easy to drive to. There's also been a lot of photos appearing on my Instagram feed lately of one Scottish city in particular, Edinburgh, and after a bit of research on the city itself, I can definitely say that I would love to visit!

Edinburgh looks like an incredibly beautiful city, with lots to do and see there...There's the Castle, the shops and also many museums to have a browse of. Plus, Glasgow (another place that I would rather like to have an explore of) is only about an hours drive away, so whilst up in Scotland you could really make the most of it and visit both!

(Since I wrote this post out, me and my parents got talking about visiting Scotland sometime next year, and I now think we are actually sure to be visiting Edinburgh- this is definitely very exciting indeed, and if the trip does go ahead I just cannot wait to explore the city itself and create many a themed post about my holiday afterwards).

Photo from...http://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/fort-lauderdale-us-fl-fort.htm
In the past, I have been lucky enough to visit Florida three times, although each time I stayed in Orlando and spent my time getting crazily overexcited in the Disney and Universal Parks. If I am to go to Florida again though (and I'm very hopeful that I will be able to) I would just love to visit the South of the state and explore such areas as Fort Lauderdale.

On Pinterest, a place that they call 'The Venice of the USA' kept popping up, and after taking a further look at said destination, I discovered that the area being talked about was in fact Fort Lauderdale. The perfect beach-front paradise, this city not only has a mass of golden beaches and ocean views, it also has water lacing many other areas, with houses and businesses often overlooking the waves. This destination is also not all that far away from Miami which is another city in Florida that I have wanted to visit for an incredibly long time; so just like with Edinburgh and Glasgow, I think if I was to visit Fort Lauderdale I would also definitely have to make my way over to Miami too, so as to explore that amazing looking city on the same trip.

Photo from...http://www.hotelaristondubrovnik.com
Another country that I have wanted to visit for an awful long time, happens to be Croatia , and among a whole host of other European countries, it is currently right up there with the destinations that I most want to visit. A particular city that I wish to travel to in Croatia is Dubrovnik (although I would also like to visit the capital, Zagreb, at some point too), as I have seen a lot of holiday photos from those I follow on Instagram took there lately, and it has been giving me a serious yearning to visit.

With the backdrop of the gorgeous blue sea, this city really looks like a lovely location to visit for a few days of sun and exploring. The buildings look really beautiful, and I would just love to have an explore of the famous Old Town and of course snap many a photo of this rather understated European city. Of course, there are other lovely areas in Croatia to visit if you prefer a more relaxed beach holiday, but as I just love the city life I do think somewhere like Dubrovnik would be perfect for me, and therefore definitely wish to visit it rather soon!

Photo from...http://www.mbassett.com/how-the-greater-toronto-area-is-emerging-as-a-powerful-tech-hub/
Finally, another city that I have been getting serious vibes about visiting recently, after yet again seeing many photos of said destination all over various blogs and feeds. I have never been to Canada although I obviously do want to travel there some day, and after mentioning that I would love to visit Montreal a few months ago in a similar post, I now have the city of Toronto to add to my Canadian Travel List.

I love exploring bustling cities, and Toronto really looks like it would tick a ton of boxes where I'm concerned- it has sights to see such as the CN Tower which looms over the city, shops to, well...shop in, and other areas to have a muse of. When doing a little bit of research on this metropolis, I also found out that it's not all that far from the US border and Niagara Falls (about 2 hours according to Google Maps), so if I went there I would probably love to make a bit of a road trip out of it, and visit some more of America at the same time.

***

As you can probably tell, one of my goals in life is to do a fair bit of exploring of the beautiful world about us- my Bucket List of destinations is always growing, and I have no idea how I am ever going to find the time or money to visit everywhere I wish to go to...but I suppose having a want to travel, and listing out my favoured destinations, won't hurt!

What are your favourite places to travel too, and where would you love to visit? Please let me know in the comments below, to give me some more holiday inspiration!

Olivia xo


10 comments:

  1. i would love to go to sorrento it looks so pretty, I loved Rome and Greece- I'd love to go to Santorini, LA and maldives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to go to Sorrento, and I have been to LA and can definitely say that it is worth the visit! Santorini is also up there on my list, I will have to write about it at some point too!

      Delete
  2. Great list! Edinburgh is a definite must-do for me — it's my grandfather's hometown. I have a friend visiting Dubrovnik right now, and her Instagram photos are wanderlust-worthy! I live in a suburb of Toronto, so that one isn't a huge deal for me ;) Of course, you should still come visit us Canadians!

    Hillary | www.flinntrospection.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Edinburgh and Dubrovnik both look gorgeous! That is so cool that you live in Toronto, although I know what you mean about the sparkle being taken away when you live somewhere (I feel like that about England), but I will definitely come to Canada at some point still!!

      Delete
  3. I go to Scotland quite a lot and I really recommend Edinburgh! The buildings are so nice xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear that you would recommend Edinburgh, it does look really beautiful!!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10