Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks

Saturday, 30 July 2016

I simply have no idea why it has took me so long to get round to writing this post, as I would probably say that my Kat Von D Lipsticks are definitely up there with my favourite make up items that I bought whilst on my recent trip to California. When in Sephora, it's difficult to resist the urge to head over to the Kat Von D stand and muse through all the beautiful items- I had heard all too many good things about many of the products, but for some reason (probably my love of lipsticks) I chose to buy myself a couple of the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, and today I thought I would tell you all a little about them...



First and foremost, I will start by telling you that these lipsticks are probably not the cheapest out there but I can assure you that they are definitely worth their price tag- both items cost $20, which equates to about £15.23 back in the UK so is effectively in the same ball park as a MAC lipstick (however I don't think you can actually purchase the Everlasting Lipsticks in the UK, or any of the Kat Von D products for that matter, and as far as I know you can only get them shipped via Sephora). For the price of them though, you do get a rather large bottle of product, which was something that I marvelled at upon picking up both items, and I'm sure it will take me seemingly forever to actually get through both of my lipsticks (unless they dry out prematurely, which I hope won't be the case)!


Onto the first of the two shades of lipstick that I bought, and I just know that I have to start with Lolita (which has seemingly become a cult classic amongst many in the blogging and YouTube community). Lolita is undeniably one of the nicest shades amongst the wide variety that there is in the Everlasting Lipstick range, and it immediately stood out to me on the shelf (even before I saw the much talked about name of the shade itself) in all it's beautiful chestnut glory. 

Below is a photo of me (sorry for the poor quality of said photo, I took it in the bathroom of a hotel on holiday just to show how my new lipstick shade looked) wearing Lolita. As you can see, the colour is quite magnificent, and in many ways reminds me of some of my other favourite lipstick shades like Velvet Teddy and also a Too Faced Melted Lipstick- it really is the perfect shade to wear all year round, and it also looks rather lovely when worn with natural makeup looks, as well as more dramatic, full on ones too!



The second shade that I bought, is the lovely Lovesick (a cute, pretty pink shade that is completely and utterly different from my lovely Lolita), which I purchased when after using my first Everlasting Lipstick, I quickly realised that I needed to buy another before I went home. I had never really seen anyone wear or talk about this colour compared to a shade as well known as Lolita, but must admit that I am incredibly happy that I decided to buy it for myself, as it is simply a marvellous lipstick!

I am not normally that big a fan of pink lipsticks, let alone rather pretty pinks like Lovesick- I have to say that my mind has been changed about the wearing of pink lipsticks after using this new colour though, as I am now really feeling quite in love with this classic sort of shade. In the below image of me (again not that great quality), you can get a brief glimpse of how Lovesick looks when worn on the lips with a pretty much full face of makeup. I do actually really love how this colour works with the makeup I usually wear on a daily basis, and instead of standing out too brightly as I thought it might, it instead acts as quite a subtle colour pop that really looks great now that it's summer!


I'm too sure whether I have already mentioned the fact that these lovely lipsticks also dry with a matte finish, which I must say is another big plus for me, as I really do love a good matte product. However, as you can see in the below photo, my swatches of these items are quite creamy and that goes for when the product has set on the lips as well, because it in no way ends up looking dry (some matte lipsticks I have previously used have made my lips look drier than they actually are, and have showed every imperfection on that particular facial feature).

You can also see from my swatches, that both lipstick shades that I got are completely full of colour and stand out very well indeed once applied (once they dry, they look completely like a matte lipstick and in no way like a light, rather faint lipgloss, as they are both incredibly pigmented and also very high quality items)! I'm pretty sure the rest of the shades in the range are very much like this too, and although I didn't try many other colours out in the shop, most reviews and mentions of these lipsticks say only good things about the colour and quality.


I was pretty certain that if I was to invest in anything from Kat Von D whilst in the US, that it was going to be one of the Everlasting Lipsticks, and I'm very glad that I followed through with this plan when I actually got into Sephora! I do now wish that it was easy to get hold of these marvellous lipsticks in the UK, as well as the rest of the Kat Von D range, as I am finding myself very intrigued by many other items after using and seeing how good my two ones are for myself.

(You can find the Everlasting Lipsticks, and entire Kat Von D collection HERE)

Have you ever tried these lipsticks or anything else from Kat Von D? Let me know in the comments below!

Olivia xo

28 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try some of the Kat Von D products for a while now! Love the Lolita shade!

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolita looks like a gorgeous shade, and I love the name!!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I thought that when I first heard people talk about it!

      Delete
  3. These look amazing! I wish they sold Kat Von D products in the UK because I've heard amazing things about them! These shades look so nice, I especially love Lolita, and I love how they are matte too! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I would buy so many if they were more available!

      Delete
  4. Looks great!
    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both shades look gorgeous on you
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lolita is so gorgeoooooous, I need it. It looks so good on you btw x

    Sofia | theglamchapter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's definitely one of my favourite lipsticks shades now!

      Delete
  7. Im desperate to try out these lipsticks. I would pick the same shades you did, they are so pretty. X

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! There are so many nice ones, but these two definitely stood out!

      Delete
  8. Ooooh these shades are so gorgeous! I can't wait for Kat Von D to come to the UK in Debenhams soon - exciting stuff! I will definitely have to pick both of these shades up if they stock them, they are both up my street! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally didn't know it was coming to Debenhams! Thank you for telling me that, I can't believe I didn't know!!

      Delete
  9. Lolita is one of my fave shades from KVD! Another favourite of mine is Bow N Arrow. It's a great nude! Lovesick looks really great on you :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to get Bow N Arrow but then changed my mind! I need to get it!

      Delete
  10. These look gorgeous, I'm loving Lovesick especially! Can't wait to get a hold of a few KVD products myself when Debenhams start stocking them in a few months!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I didn't know that Debenhams would be stocking it soon! I'm so excited now!

      Delete
  11. Wonderful review! Love the pink shade on you! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad they are finally coming to the UK! I have always wanted Lolita, but I have to say Lovesick looks beautiful on you!x

    Aliya x | www.aliyasabrina.com | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/aliyasabrina-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get some from Debenhams, I will have to start saving my money! And thank you!

      Delete
  13. The shades look so lovely on you! Great post xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty. I've been wanting to snag Kat Von D products for so long, but the Sephora in my country doesn't carry her products yet. :(


    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10