Places to Eat...in Leeds

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Over the past few days I have been out and about in the city of Leeds, and have been lucky enough to eat at several lovely places. 

Never before have I wrote an restaurant inspired post, but today I thought I would compile a little list of the places that I have most recently dined at, to pose as a help guide to those of you looking for somewhere to eat in Leeds....


Zizzi - Leeds Light

I have been to several Zizzi's all over England, and each time I have visited said chain of restaurants I have always had a lovely meal. My meal at Zizzi's Leeds Light was no different- both my starter of cheese fondue and bread, and my main of spaghetti pomodoro were lovely (however extremely filling so I struggled to consume them all)!

(Cheese fondue accompanied by cute little pieces of bread)
(Spaghetti Pomodoro featuring a nice dollop of Mozzerella)

What's more, this Zizzi was located in a gorgeous spot- Leeds Light is a building that contains several restaurants, and is located by all of the shops and other favourite destinations in the centre of Leeds. We were given a cute little window seat when we ate, but I also noticed that they had tables out on the balcony so you could watch people walk through the centre below too.



The Alchemist- Trinity Leeds

Okay, I didn't actually eat in this restaurant/bar, but I did have a drink so I do suppose that sort of counts. I had to mention it here though, as I have never actually seen an Alchemist before, let alone step foot inside one- so gorgeously pretty was the interior that I can't wait to go in one again now though! 

(A gorgeous Strawberry Colada)

We did only have drinks here (although I would love to try the food one day too from a quick glance at the menu), and I actually had a strawberry colada, which I can assure was beautiful, and pretty summer-inspired too!


Miller&Carter- Leeds Light

I have also never been to a Miller and Carter restaurant before, (I know, how shameful) but upon my first visit the other night, I have to say that I was very impressed indeed. This restaurant is situated pretty close to Zizzi, just outside of the Leeds Light, and was also pretty much on par with the quality of my meal at Zizzi's. 

(Cheddar Mushrooms with Garlic Bread)
(Gnocchi with a generous helping of Goat's Cheese)

Miller&Carter is a predominantly steak serving restaurant, but me being me, I opted to not go for the meat options. Instead, for my starter I had cheddar mushrooms with garlic bread, and for my main I had gnocchi with goats cheese on top (which was really tasty!) 

On the whole though, I would definitely recommend all three of the above to those of you who are visiting Leeds city centre, and are wondering of where to dine or have drinks at. Of course though, in a major city like Leeds, you are definitely not short of options when it comes to finding somewhere nice to eat- so if you don't like the sound of the three restaurants that I have mentioned, there is pretty much an eatery every few steps you take anyway!


Olivia xo

12 comments:

  1. Zizzi's is my current go to place, the food is delicious!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeds is one of my favourite cities and I will have to remember these restaurants next time I go! I really want to try Miller & Carter because I've heard it's really good! Last time I went to Leeds I went to Jamie's Italian and that was lovely x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to a Jamie's Italian (how bad is that?) I really want to go now!

      Delete
  3. I live near Leeds! I've been to Alchemist before for cocktails, they're amazing, I had blueberry daiquiri with popping candy, and strawberry daiquiri, they are gorgeous!!! Never tried the food though! I really wanna try Zizzi's, I've heard soo many good reviews about it, deffo on my list to try out!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice in the Alchemist isn't it! I can't wait to go back and have more cocktails! And I think you would definitely love Zizzi's!

      Delete
  4. I've been to Zizzi's in London and I absolutely love it there, you can't go wrong because everything tastes delicious! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness the food looks incredible! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of this food looks great! I haven't been to any of these so after reading this post I think I may need to go! :)
    http://elizastr.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! You would love it!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10