Getting my Hair Cut & Products by Bardou

Sunday, 5 June 2016

In 2014, after growing my hair for quite some time, I decided to cut it all off to shoulder length.

In 2016, after growing my hair for around a year or so, I decided to cut it all off to shoulder length.

See the similarities? I am that person who always wants to change their hair, or is never happy with the style that it is in. I even spontaneously got a full fringe cut in last year because I wanted a change (however, that hair development didn't last long)! But the thing is, I have zero fear when it comes to cutting my hair (as long as it's to workable length still) : so unlike most people I know, I can merely decide to cut my long hair and follow through with the action without even the slightest hint of nervousness within me...



Therefore, after weeks of deliberating on whether I actually liked my hair being long, I finally decided to just go through with having it cut once again. A few days later, the hair was chopped off and I had the perfect shoulder length style that I had so desired- but, will I keep it at such a length now? My answer to that is (most probably) yes. It has only been a couple of days since I made the change to my locks, but in my mind I now know that if I am to change my hair in the future, it will merely be a change of colour, or be going a little longer or shorter. This is mostly because I have tried long hair (on a couple of occasions), and it has never worked out for me or looked right. Shorter hair however, does look better on me I have to say, and still does all the things that long hair does (it curls, it straightens, it goes up in pony tails and buns). Also, at a slightly older age, I now have the patience to style my hair and spend more time on it so as to make it work for me (plus, I also now know that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere, and seeing others with lovely long hair, doesn't mean that it will look so good on me)!

(Long-ish (well, long for me) locks beforehand)



(Shoulder length hair afterwards)

Plus, now I know I really need to up my hair game- recently I starting working with the amazing Bardou and even got some of their products to try out for myself! Firstly, I got some of their lovely dry shampoo- something that I absolutely regard as a must have in my handbag and hair product collection. This dry shampoo is perfect to spritz on when my hair looks a little on the greasy, lifeless side, as after scrunching some in it really lifts my locks and makes it look a lot more luscious than before. 


I also got some amazing smoothing spray that works wonders when I have crazy, frizzy hair that needs calming down. With rather thick hair, upon curling or even washing and drying, my hair can develop a bit of unwelcome frizz- therefore, I just spray on a light mist of this stuff (that smells pretty lovely too) and brush it in. 

And what's more, you can also get 10% off your purchase from the Bardou's website using the code OLIVIAR10They really do have an amazing range if products, so if you like the sound of the couple I have talked about above, do take a look at their website too (http://www.thebardou.com?rfsn=244400.ea27)

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this little chat about taking the leap of faith when cutting my hair, and also about the new hair products that I just can't wait to use more of!

Olivia xo

14 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous short!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through a process every December, where I get my hair cut short, then someone tells me they prefer me with longer hair so I grow it out again. It's a vicious cycle haha! I have to say though, your locks look lovely at both lengths x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so lovely short! I am the opposite to you and I fell like longer hair looks better on me than short hair does xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's so funny how everyone suits different hair lengths!

      Delete
  4. Oooh I love your hair short! I think short is really "in" right now. Your hair is lovely long too. I've always had long hair, I usually let it grow to near my waist and then cut it just below my shoulders and repeat this cycle.

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it so much more short as it's easier to work with!

      Delete
  5. I love your new haircut it looks lovely!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous, the cut definitely suits you x

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10