How to: Avoid Exam Stress

Wednesday, 11 May 2016

It's that time of year again... It's EXAM SEASON (cue cries of panic and woeful looks of worry from all). And yes, while I know that it is a very scary prospect that these exams and results mean quite a lot, it is important that you don't stress yourself out all that much about said exams. I know from personal experience, as someone who seemingly loves to work themselves up about absolutely anything, that freaking about exams and results is not a good thing for you, or for anyone around you- therefore, today I will be sharing some of my tips for keeping stress levels as low as possible with you all...




Be prepared...

It's firstly very important to make sure you are ready for your exams, in order to not get stressed out about them. Knowing when each and every one of your exams are (although that may seem quite daunting), and starting your revision well in advance will definitely help you in the long run- cramming in tonnes of revision the night before an exam will cause you nothing but hassle, and will leave you feeling pretty done in by the next day as well! By making sure you are sorted with your studying before hand, you are sure to feel a lot more confident and happy with the amount of work you have done (hopefully all of you, like me, started your exam preparation a long time before now if you are sitting exams in the next couple of weeks)!


Do your Best...

There's definitely a lot of pressure around exams, and because of that it's rather easy to fall into the trap of feeling like whatever you do, it will never be good enough- trust me, I feel like this all the time. However, this year I have decided to go into my exams well prepared and with the knowledge that I have done my absolute best, and therefore I will hopefully feel a whole let better about my efforts knowing that I have tried my hardest. If you too are pretty negative with yourself when it comes to exams and their results, then I would definitely try to keep a open mind by reminding yourself that however badly you feel it went, you tried your best and that's all that people will really require of you at the end of the day. Knowing you have tried hard with your work in the previous months and the exams itself, will also help you feel a little better about yourself as well.


Take time to Relax...

Of course, the whole idea of revising and working is very important during exam season, but at the same time so is doing things that make happy in the mean time. For me, a bit of retail therapy is sure to make me feel a whole lot better, as well as listening to music and watching movies in between bits of revising to keep me motivated, and to help me not fall into the trap of getting bored senseless of work. For you though, it may well be very different things that make you happy- either way though, during exam season it's very important to make time for said hobbies as a means of winding down when you're most stressed. 

Of course after exams are all done and dusted, on the most part there is a wait of enormous proportions before you can actually find out your results- therefore, after all the work is over, it's still important to keep yourself busy with things that you enjoy doing, as a means of distraction so you don't think all that much into how you did and the outcome.


Have something to Look Forward to...

Lastly, I have to say that's I definitely important to have something to look forward to after all the exams are over. Whether it be treating yourself to something, or going away on holiday somewhere (like me!), after the exam season for most, there is a massive chunk of time for summer holidays (for me it's something insane like 10 weeks) which in itself is absolutely something to look forward to, and is a great amount of time to make the most of!

I really do hope you found these tips helpful if you are to sit your exams very soon like me (if you are, then a massive good luck to you as well)!

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful tips. I was always so stressed during exam time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely can get very stressful!

      Delete
  2. These are such good tips! Good luck on your exams, I'm only doing the Chemistry GSCE this year and I have a concert to look forward to after each paper which is good timing! I will definitely keep your tips in mind over the exam seasons!x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin, good luck in yours too!

      Delete
  3. These are great tips, especially the one about chilling out and making time for hobbies now and again, I think people totally forget about self-care during exam time!
    Rachel // Rachel Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing other things is definitely how I have learnt to de-stress in exam season!

      Delete
  4. This was such a helpful post, my GCSE's are coming up like next week!! thank you for the tips!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My exams are starting now too! Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Great blog post, thank you for sharing! Will be very helpful :)

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so true that you have to balance the exam work with things you enjoy and have something to look forward to, so important to still look after yourself! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree with me on that one! :-)

      Delete
  7. I wish I had stumbled upon this post before haha. I just had my exam last Tuesday, and I think I spend 10 solid minutes walking around in circles... I even wrote a post about my own traumatic exam experience – http://writingsunflowers.blogspot.dk/2016/06/math-exam.html

    Anyway just wanted to let you know I love your blog!

    – Cindy
    Writingsunflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10