Baking- Bread & Butter Pudding

Wednesday, 18 May 2016

It really feels as though I haven't posted a baking-type post in the longest of times (7 weeks to be exact), which is a great shame considering I do love writing about the latest things that I have attempted (emphasis on the attempted) to try my hand at in the kitchen. A couple of weeks ago however, I baked a classic Bread&Butter Pudding from a recipe I had found on BBC Good Foodand after it decided to turn out quite well, I thought to post a photo of it on Instagram. Said photo recieved quite a lot of love, hence why today I have finally got round to sharing the recipe for this rather lovely tasting (and looking) pudding with you all!



Ingredients

25g Butter (you should also put some aside for greasing)
8 Slices of White Bread
50g Sultanas
2tsp Cinnamon (powder)
350ml Whole Milk
50ml Double Cream
2 Eggs
25g Granulated Sugar
Grated Nutmeg (you won't need that much of this, as it is just for taste)

Method

1. Firstly, I greased a tin with butter and then cut the crusts off my slices of bread before buttering them on one side, and cutting them in half (diagonally, so that they looked like triangles).

2. Next, I made a layer of bread along the bottom of my dish, before sprinkling some sultanas and cinnamon over the top. Then, I created a new layer of bread, sultanas and cinnamon on top of that (carrying on with this until all the bread had been used up).

3. After, I warmed the milk and cream in a pan over a low heat until the mixture got pretty warm (but didn't boil!), and then whisked the eggs and three quarters of the sugar in a separate bowl until the mixture turned pale.

4. Then, I added the warm milk mixture to the egg and sugar mix, and poured it over the bread that I earlier layered in the tin. 

5. Next, I preheated the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 and left the contents of the tin to stand for around half an hour, before popping in the oven for 30-40 minutes.

And that's all there is to it really- after baking, this dessert is ready to eat and is pretty scrumptious too!

Sorry that this was only a short post; hopefully you all still enjoyed reading it though, and I will be back on Sunday with a bit of a longer read!

Olivia xo

P.S. You can find the original recipe HERE 

2 comments:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10