Travel: Some More Places That I Want To Visit

Sunday, 10 April 2016


I have made it rather clear in some of my older posts, that I am keen to visit an awful lot of places around the world in the future! This particular destinations list, is about the fourth instalment (or something along those lines) in my travel bucket list posts, and aside from the destinations that I have already mentioned there are still a lot more places that I want to visit. This probably means that I need to get a really good job with a really good pay, to afford all of these trips. Or, on the other hand, it means that I won't actually get to all of these places...but hey, I can still dream, and can still share five more destinations with you today!

Lisbon, Portugal

I have been to Spain many times, but have never visited Portugal despite the fact that it is pretty much next door! Of course, the destination that I most want to visit in Portugal is Lisbon- a city that is incredibly rich in culture, as well as having great sunny weather and many picturesque Instagram-worthy buildings and landmarks. 

As you can see from the photo above that I found of Lisbon, it looks like a very beautiful city, full of cute colourful buildings and it's also right on the coast so perfect for a visit to the beach as well! I have also heard a lot of good things (in magazine articles etc) about the amazing food in Lisbon, as well as the shops on offer there, which leads me to put it right at the top of places I want to visit in the future!


Stockholm, Sweden

As you can tell, I really want to visit a lot of places in Europe- this is mostly down to the fact that there are so many beautiful places on the continent, and also becuase its only a stones throw away from me, so most destinations only take a short flight. 

I would particularly love to visit some of the Scandinavian countries- Sweden especially, where I would really like to go to Stockholm (just looking at the images like the one above, of all the beautiful buildings and scenery there make it another must on my bucket list)! I don't really have that much prior knowledge of Stockholm as a city, but I just think that it would be really great to have an explore there (plus, I am partial to a bit of Abba and I do know that they have an Abba museum there)!


Vienna, Austria

Another European city, I know, but I would just really like to visit as much of Europe as insanely possible- Vienna, again looking a particularly beautiful city to visit!

This Austrian city is incredibly rich in culture, and is jam packed with beautiful architecture and interesting places to visit and to see. It's also full of museums, as well as many a coffee shop to pop into, and lots of nice to shops of muse through. Places like Vienna are, in my eyes, perfect for short breaks away, as for just a couple of hours on a plane you can experience the atmosphere of city life and do some sight-seeing for just a few days before heading back to normal life at home.


Montreal, Canada

I would really love to visit Canada at some point in my life, and one of the cities that most stands out in my mind to go to is Montreal! When I was scouring the Internet for the nicest places to visit in Canada, Montreal seemed to pop up a lot- it's a predominantly French-speaking city with a lot of beautiful French Colonial-style buildings, especially in the Old Montreal area that a lot of people rave about having a look around.

If I were to go to Canada, I would probably want to visit a few places in one visit (a little tour, or road-trip of the best cities as it were), just to pack in as much of the country as possible into one trip. But, I can say for certain after reading up about Montreal, I would definitely put it at the top of those cities that I want to go to! 

(Image from http://blog.roomertravel.com/2013/10/eat-on-the-street-in-tokyo-japanese-street-food/)


Tokyo, Japan

I'm going to go a bit further afield now, to Japan, which is again a country that I would really love to visit at some point in my life. I would especially like to visit Tokyo, and I don't know if this is just my love of watching Lost in Translation talking (which is coincidentally set in Tokyo) but I just think that it looks like a really cool city.

I would love to experience the culture of a city like Tokyo, by visiting all of the restaurants there and by looking round all of the shops (which apparently sell pretty cool and random things)! This city also looks like a great travel destination as you can experience both the hustle and bustle of the city, as well as taking a step back to more of the countryside (like in the image directly above) and seeing such sights as Mount Fuji.

Well, there you have it...five more city destinations around the world that I would love to visit one day! I really hope you all enjoyed this post, as I know that I personally love reading up about travel and seeing all that places that people want to visit in the future!


If you have been to any of the above places though, please feel free to tell me a bit more about them in the comments below, as well as mentioning any other places that you think I would be interested in going to!

Olivia xo

18 comments:

  1. Great list of places to visit! ! I want to go so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love travelling so much! I'd absolutely love to go to all these places, they're all so beautiful !
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I want to travel so much!

      Delete
  3. They all look great I would love to go traveling one day especially to America or the Maldives ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ฉ✈️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. America is amazing! There's so much to see there!

      Delete
  4. Such a great list! So happy to see my home country on this list! :D I live in Ottawa, Canada (just across the Ontario-Quebec border from Montreal) and I can tell you it's STUNNING!! :)
    http://katieedidd.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I will have to have a read about Ottawa too- I'm sure it's beautiful!!

      Delete
  5. As a person of Portuguese decent, I can't even lie and say that Portugal isn't one of the most beautiful places on this planet. Lisboa is <3.

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I have got quite a few of the same travel wishes, I think! I'd love to see every city you've mentioned (my Pinterest pin board is bursting with cities like these!). And I love seeing some Canada on a bucket list! I'm so used to seeing Europe and Disney World, haha! From Montreal you can definitely also see Quebec City (which also has an historic/old city), Ottawa, and Toronto! All kinds of different cultures and vibes in those cities, from what I understand, you could get so many different experiences! :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Pinterest is jam packed with travel pictures too!! I would just love to have all the new experiences of visiting the countries!

      Delete
  7. I've been to Tokyo and it was amazing! I wrote a post all about the food, the shopping, the culture - it's all so different and exciting and like you said, it's so great being able to experience the city but still see places like Mt Fuji which feels like a whole different world. If you go to Japan, try to visit Kyoto as well, such a beautiful place!

    http://sashacharmainexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to read your post as I'm dying to visit!

      Delete
  8. Such a great list of places to visit! I really want to go to Tokyo too!

    www.zoethedreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to visit all of these places too, they look amazing! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10