Recently Watched (And Loved) Movies

Friday, 22 April 2016


I have to say, I'm a pretty big movie fan, and lately I seem to have watched a lot of films that I have thoughly enjoyed. Therefore, I thought it wise to give you all a bit of an insight into said movies, as I know that when I am looking for a film to watch, I like to read a bit of a review/summary of it beforehand...




(500) Days of Summer- I had wanted to see this movie for such a long time, that I was worried that when I finally got round to seeing it, it wouldn't actually live up to my high expectations. Thankfully, I loved every minute of this film- it's definitely my sort of thing, as it's a pretty quirky and different love story that will have you laughing and crying all at once. The main idea behind the story is that Tom meets a girl called Summer at work and falls deeply and madly in love with her, but she isn't too keen to return those feelings (at least not in the way that he wants her to). (500) Days of Summer, quite clearly, follows Tom's life over the 500 days that he is aquainted with Summer, and is ultimately a movie that I know I will watch over and over again.



The Help- I had also wanted to watch this movie for a very long time, after seeing it floating around in my Netflix recommendations for a while. I was a tad afraid that I would get bored whilst watching it (it is on for 2 and a half hours after all), and therefore held back from watching it for seemingly forever. How I wish I had given this movie a chance earlier! The film itself follows the lives of several women in America in the 1960's, and the chaos that ensues when one plucky young writer decides to detail the hardships faced by The Help (the African-American women who work for the families in the area). It's definitely a film that makes you think, and definitely one that doesn't disappoint or bore where content is concerned- hence why I definitely want to rewatch this film in the future.

The Grand Budapest Hotel- this movie recently came onto Netflix, and for quite some time I had been intrigued by the idea of watching it. I knew from the off that this film was very alternative, and quite different from any other movie- some might think that the story and idea of this movie is quite strange but nevertheless I really enjoyed it. As you may well have guessed, this movie is about the Grand Budapest Hotel and the stories of its staff (particularly its concierge and lobby boy who embark on all manner of crazy outings together). This movie is definitely one to have a watch of if you have some free time, as with a screen time of an hour and a half, it's a pretty quick and quirky movie that you can just relax and enjoy.

Lost in Translation- I absolutely adore this movie, and could watch it all the time for the simple reason that I love it so much. The story of this movie itself isn't that exciting or riveting, but the relationship between the two characters is incredibly intriguing and the backdrop of gorgeous views of Tokyo gets me every time. This film is based on the relationship between two pretty lonely people who meet in Japan under very different circumstances- together they try and explore the bustling city around them, and form a very close bond in the process. This again, is definitely a film that makes you think; the scenery, the music and the relationship all get your brain whirring and really make you think about life, and the unusualness of visiting a country incredibly different from your own.

(Image from http://variety.com)

Pulp Fiction- finally, another movie that I have wanted to see for ages thanks to its rave reviews, and the fact that it has recently appeared on Netflix. This film definitely lives up to its hype of one of the best movies of all time- the intertwining storylines are all incredibly interesting, and you definitely won't get bored despite the 2 and a half run time of this film. This is a pretty action packed film, with lots of things going on at once, so does require quite a lot of your attention (however, you will absolutely not mind giving up your attention to watch Pulp Fiction, as you will undoubtably realise how good it really is once you've watched it)!

Well, there's a little roundup of the movies that I have watched most recently, and why I enjoyed watching said movies so much! 

I'm always on the lookout for a new movie to watch though, so please feel free to suggest some of your favourites to me in the comments below!

Olivia xo

10 comments:

  1. I like films a little more 'thrilling' or the old ones! I definately love the breakfast club, pretty in pink, desperately seeking susan, zodiac, 7even, donnie darko and good horror classics like halloween!

    Love Sian
    The Tattooed Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations, I really want to watch the Breakfast Club soon!

      Delete
  2. I've only seen the first one on this list and I didn't enjoy it too much I must admit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww never mind, everyone likes different films! :-)

      Delete
  3. Haven't seen any of these, must watch them :) I mostly want to watch Pulp Fiction! Xx

    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love Pulp Fiction, it's amazing!!

      Delete
  4. I love 500 days of summer! It's such a good film! I can't wait to watch if again this summer!!! Xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great story isn't it!? I can't wait to watch it again in the future too!

      Delete
  5. I've never seen any of these before, I really want to watch Pulp Fiction I've heard so many good reviews about it! I used to love films, but I find it hard to concentrate on a film for so long, I love watching tv shows the most haha. My fave films tho are James Bond, Iron Man and Harry Potter franchises, The Last Song, TFIOS, Divergent, The Breakfast Club, and ofc all the Disney ones!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will really love Pulp Fiction, Becky! I really want to watch the Breakfast Club-everyone seems to recommend it to me! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10