A Trip to the Seaside

Monday, 4 April 2016

Last week, I went for a little break away to the coast (as you can probably tell by the title of this post), and thought that it would be nice to share some photos and information with you all about the places I visited and the things I did...

P.S. I must warn you all though, that a lot of the below images are food related (sorry, I just love food and taking photos of it, so much)!


'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside!'

This was quite a literal feeling for me over the Easter Weekend, as I visited Weymouth over the Easter Weekend and on Good Friday actually had a sunny walk along the seafront. Me and my Parents actually went down South for 4 days, but our first stop after an incredibly long drive was Weymouth, however we later went onto the nearby town of Dorchester

I would definitely recommend a trip to Weymouth to any of you- the seafront there was lined with cute little beach huts (as you can see in the above image), that made for the perfect Instagram photo, and also served lots of cute seaside snacks like the cheesy chips that I ate for lunch (see the below image). The weather was pretty perfect too, with the temperature being quite warm and the sun beating down on us- this was seemingly the calm before the storm though, (quite literally as a storm did arrive over the latter part of our seaside visit)!



Like I said, we also visited and stayed in Dorchester which was a pretty cute little town near Weymouth. A particularly nice part of Dorchester was the Brewery Square area (which was where we actually stayed), as in the square there was an Odeon Cinema and also lots of restaurants like Pizza Express and Wagamama where we ate of a night. Wagamama in particular was somewhere where we had a really nice meal, and the Ramen that I had (in the photo below) was absolutely lovely!





Back to Weymouth, and further into this seaside destination you can find quaint little harbours like the one above, as well as some shops likes Debenhams and New Look for all of you out there who like shopping just as much as me! A walk around this cute town provides many a gorgeous photo oppurtunity too, as I spotted many of the houses to be different pastel colours (sadly I didn't get a photo of this to show you all though), in a sort of Balamory way. 

I also got the chance to have an ice cream during my short break away- because what seaside trip is complete without an ice cream (even if I did eat said sweet treat in the car to avoid any seagull altercations)? The below ice cream was absolutely scrumptious though, and was a Skittle themed sundae drenched in Skittle flavoured sauce, and top with sprinkles and a flake! 


I hope you all enjoyed having a little read of what I got up to in Weymouth and Dorchester over the Easter Weekend. It was really nice to have a little break amidst the constant whir of school work and everyday life, and it was even more lovely that we actually got some nice weather (even if it didn't last all that long) whilst we were there!

Olivia xo

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I went to Weymouth last August. Absolutely love it there, lost count of the times I've been there since I was about 4! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice there isn't it Daisy! It's just so cute and pretty! X

      Delete
  2. Those are some beautiful pictures :) Also just wanted to say that I really like your new blog design! x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks amazing great post dear :)
    I love how you put everything together.

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10