Baking- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Friday, 25 March 2016

Hello Again,

I really enjoy baking, mostly because it gives me some time out of revising at the minute and I also get some nice food at the end of it all (if everything goes right, that is)! The other day I thought I would make some chocolate chip cupcakes just as something to do on a lazy day, and was pretty happy with the yummy products that I got at the end- they weren't the best looking cakes in the world, but they tasted pretty good and for that reason I thought I would just share the recipe today.

I have wrote about a very similar cupcake recipe before some time last year though, so sorry if this seems a little repetitive. However, this is the main recipe that I use to make cupcakes as I know that the cakes made will pretty much always be lovely and golden on top, yet soft and fluffy inside at the end. Despite the similarities, this recipe is about chocolate chip cupcakes (I think I talked about vanilla ones last time) so I suppose there is a bit of differentiation there!


Ingredients

110g Butter or Margarine
225g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
Plain Flour
Self-Raising Flour
Milk
Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Chips

Method

1. First, I heated the oven to 180c and lined my cupcake tin with 12 cases. Then, I beat the sugar and butter together in a bowl until it resembled a creamy mixture, before adding in the eggs one at a time and mixing after each addition.
2. Next, I mixed the two flours together in another bowl and measured out the milk and vanilla extract into a measuring jug also. I then added a third of the flour to the mixture, and stirred before also adding a third of the milk/vanilla combination and stirring again.
3. I repeated the above step until all of the flour and milk was mixed in, and then also sprinkled in the chocolate chips (you don't have to use milk chocolate ones like me, as dark and white ones work well too, especially if you mix the types of chocolate together!) and mixed them in too.
4. After, I separated the mixture between the twelve cupcake cases and sprinkled ever more chocolate chips on top (see image below) and placed them in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. When the cakes were cooked, I left them to cool for a while and took them out of their tray- they were a little stuck together upon removal, so looked a tad messy around the edges but still tasted really good!


And that's it really- I suppose you could also add icing (maybe chocolate buttercream/some Nutella or something) to these cupcakes, but I didn't want to go too sickly or overboard with them so just stuck with what I had after cooking.

I hope you all enjoyed this post anyway, as I enjoyed writing it and eating the cupcakes mentioned :-)

Olivia xo


12 comments:

  1. These look so tasty!! I must try out your recipe while I'm off for Easter! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know how they go Erin!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Those cookies sound and look delicious, thank you for sharing this recipe dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look delicious, I might have to make some for easter! Your photography is amazing by the way! x

    Simply Lauren Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look good!!! Got to love chocolate chip cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delicious! :) have a wonderful easter time x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10