10 Reasons that I Love Spring & Summer

Wednesday, 9 March 2016

A few months ago, at the start of Autumn and Winter, I wrote a post talking about the reasons I love those months as a sort of reminder of why I do like them, and something to look back on when I start to have doubts about the qualities of those seasons. That particular post proved helpful to me when I got fed up of the cold and dreariness of winter, so now I will be making another post about why I love the next two seasons, Spring and Summer...


1.  Warmer Weather - at the start of Autumn and Winter, I really found myself looking forward to the prospect of more chilly weather. Yet, now after seemingly endless months of being cold, I simply cannot wait for the weather to get a lot milder here in the UK. Although we don't really have a 'summer' (more like a few days of sun, and then just endless days of rain), sometimes we can get lucky and have some warm and sunny days, which are definitely something to look forward too.

2. Light Nights and Mornings - unlike a lot of people, I really adore the dark nights as I find something very peaceful and calming about them. However, I have to say that I hate dark mornings as they are, in my opinion, the least inspiring thing to wake up to and fail to give me any enthusiasm for the day ahead. When I wake up now though, it is mostly light which gives me a great feeling and more of a willingness to get up and go!


3. Easter - I just love the holiday of Easter because I find it, on the whole, incredibly cute. Wherever I go now, all I see in the shops are cute pastel eggs and stuffed animals ready to decorate our houses for the coming event. Obviously, another massive draw to Easter is the chocolate (even though I know that the main idea of Easter is more to do with religion) ,and the massive hoard of eggs that we have in our house for weeks after does make me very happy indeed.

4. Flowers - it's so nice to see all the plants start to bloom again after gardens and fields being sparse for so long. I love pretty flowers, especially spring-related ones like tulips and daffodils, and when they are sat around the house they just look so sweet and bring add just that extra bit of brightness to a room.


5. New Clothes - any excuse to go shopping and reinvent my wardrobe will keep me happy, but I just love the change over from winter, to spring and summer clothing. Although, at the start of Autumn I couldn't wait to begin buying and wearing darker, more snuggled up clothing, yet now it has reached the end of the colder seasons and I again cannot wait to buy prettier and lighter bits and bobs. I have already seen (and bought) so many cute pieces in shops, and the prospect of gorgeous holiday pieces arriving soon makes me even more excited!

6. Lighter Makeup - I really do love the darker makeup shades of Autumn and Winter, but right now I cannot wait to start wearing pinker lipsticks and brighter nail polishes, as I feel like they have been sat away in my drawers for all too long! In the spring and summer months, I like to go for more bronzed, dewy makeup looks so am really enjoying looking for new products at the moment, (in particular I am desperate to purchase some new highlighting products, like the Sleek Solstice Palette which I think will be amazing at creating nice, glowy looks over the next few months).


7. Drinks - it's really nice to see cooler drinks start to appear in places like Starbucks and Costa Coffee, as there is nothing better than a refreshing drink once the weather gets a bit better. Last year, I really enjoyed the Cool Lime Refresha from Starbucks, the Iced Lemonade from Costa and also all the milkshakes that Caffe Nero have on offer, so hopefully a few of those will reappear again this year.


8.  Summer Holidays - even though I am going on holiday abroad, even if I wasn't, I would just really enjoy having the time off school. This summer holidays, I will have an especially long break after my exams and it will be incredibly nice to relax, and do whatever I please after seemingly months of never ending revision.

9. Ice Cream - I love ice cream so much, but like with the iced drinks that I previously mentioned, I don't feel as though I can consume it so much in the colder months. Although last year I was scarred for life after a group of seagulls tried to steal my ice cream at the beach, I'm still looking forward to eating some of the sweet stuff on my holidays and at home over the next few months (lots of bowls of Ben&Jerrys are definitely going to be consumed)!


10. Longer Days - this links in the with the light nights and mornings that I mentioned at the start of this post, and again although I do like the dark nights of the winter, I really relish in having the longer daylight hours of the spring and summer. Longer days means longer to go out, sit in the garden, have barbecues and more importantly for bloggers like myself longer to take photos with a good light!

As you can tell, I'm pretty excited for Spring and Summer and can't wait for the the lighter, brighter days to begin and give me a bit of a lift after months of it being dark, rainy and having a cold every other week.

Please let me know in the comments what you are looking forward to in the Spring and Summer months!

Olivia xo

8 comments:

  1. Longer days and flowers are definitely my favourite things about these seasons!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with all of those reasons, great post :)

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of these! I've noticed some warmer weather this week and some bird chirping. It's definitely got me excited for spring/summer! Great post :)


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I can hear the birds by my window in the morning and it's got me all excited for the warmer months!

      Delete
  4. I love longer days. I feel so unproductive, when the sun goes down at 3 pm. But also I can't wait for summer holidays, which are going to be 4 months long for me this year. I'm already taking out those brighter shades of lipsticks and nail polishes. Gotta start somewhere, am I right? Hahah.
    Great post girl!

    Marianna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 months long?? I thought mine were long and I have 2 months off! And I agree with the brighter makeup!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10