How I Edit My Photos...

Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Between my blog, my Twitter, my Instagram and my daily life, I take an awful lot of photos and post quite a lot of them for you all to see. However, it occurred to me the other day that I have never thought to show you all how I actually go about editing and prepping my photos for the public eye...so today, I will be showing you just that!


Firstly, I better explain what apps and tools I use to edit my photos-there are three apps that I use on a daily basis to tweak my pictures, and each of them are free to download from the Apple App Store.

As you can see in the photo above, they are:

MOLDIV,
LAYOUT,
and last but not least, INSTAGRAM

And now, I will just go on to tell you how I use each one of the above apps, and explain why they are my go-to features for making my blog and social media images actually look presentable.



I will start with Moldiv, which is an app that I came across by chance a few months ago when merely searching for a photo editor on the Apple App Store. It is free, as I previously mentioned, although you can purchase add ons if you really want to. 

I was really surprised with how good it's editing tools actually are-it has a vast range of features to brighten, highlight, crop, trim, rotate, colour, blur, and clarify your images (a range that is almost, and I mean almost, close to rivalling Instagram's editing selection)! A lot of the photos on my blog have now been edited using this app, and I have to say that I'm really happy with how the majority of them look. All too often I have found myself in a dodgy quality photo situation, but with just a touch of brightening and sharpening, this app has somehow managing to save my bacon!


The other feature that I really love in this app though, is it's collage maker which is perfect for blog posts like wishlists and hauls, as it makes putting all the applicable photos together extremely easy. It's also perfect for stitching together my other personal photos from holidays and certain days or events, as you can choose to pop in up to 10 photos (or something around that amount) and style them in which ever way you choose! I normally add in a few pictures, then change the background, or remove the boarders all together for a more simple look. But, on the whole, a good set of photos can be achieved in seconds with this app!


Another collaging app that I love is Layout, which again was completely free to download from the Apole App Store, but gives you a lot in return! It doesn't contain any editing features, but is tied along with Instagram as an app that collages and mirrors your photos in a very sleek way. 

Below and above are photos that I have improved and added that extra bit of finesse too, with the Layout app. The app itself is incredibly easy to use, and only has a few features included to try out and get used to. However, it has quickly become a firm favourite of mine, and I normally go straight to it after editing some of my images on Instagram.


Speaking of Instagram...I have to say that although I love the Moldiv photo editor, I don't think you can beat Instagram's editing tools. Instagram is one of my favourite apps anyway, and it's fantastic photo editor only cements it's greatness in my mind.

It has pretty much the same bits and bobs to edit as Moldiv, and many other photo editors that I have tried out in the past, but seems to just go that extra bit further with it's quality. My Instagram edited photos always seem to look just that little bit brighter and clearer, and I absolutely love the many filters included (Aden being my favourite at the moment)!


And that's it really when it comes to editing photos for me! I like to get my photos to the best possible quality, but don't really want to be paying out lots for fancy apps to do so, especially when I already love the three free ones that I have mentioned in this post anyway.

Hopefully, if you are on the lookout for a new app for editing your photos (although I'm guessing most of you already have Instagram already), this post may have helped you out a little...

But, if any of you use a good, free editing app that I haven't mentioned above, please let me know in the comments below :-)

Olivia xo


4 comments:

  1. I love Instagram editing tools too...it's amazing what you can do with just a phone and some free apps isn't it! One of my favourites is Afterlight which has a cost but is well worth it
    Tori xx | www.30plusandbeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I will have to look out for Afterlight-if the app is good I don't mind paying for it at all!

      Delete
  2. I have never used Instagram to edit photos apart from the filters. Will give it a go! Thanks for the post!
    Amina xx | www.AliandHer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out! And thank you!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10