Baking-Chocolate and Banana Flapjacks

Saturday, 13 February 2016

Hello Again,

It feels like I haven't baked anything in a very long time, let alone shared a recipe with you all on here. But today I have finally done a bit of cooking-I made some flapjacks (as you can probably tell from this posts title), which were based on a recipe I found on http://www.tinnedtomatoes.com, where there are loads of vegetarian recipes as well as flapjacks!

I have never attempted to make flapjacks before, but after making these I will definitely be making some more in future with different ingredient combinations. These taste really good as well, although I did find them a little crumbly after they came out of the oven, so I would advise you to put them in the fridge for a while before cutting them up, or using less oats to get a stickier mixture.


Ingredients

120g Butter
3tbsp Light Brown Sugar
5tbsp Golden Syrup
400g Porridge Oats
120g Desiccated Coconut
1 Banana
120g Dark Chocolate Chips 

(I also added a few tbsp's of popping candy to mine, but they popping effect unfortunately, didn't really come through after baking).

Method

1. Firstly, I heated the oven to 160c/Gas Mark 3. Then I lined a rectangular tray bake/brownie tin with some grease proof paper.
2. Next, I mixed the oats, sugar, coconut and chocolate chips together in a large bowl, before mashing the banana up in another bowl.
3. After this, in a small pan, I melted the butter and syrup together. I then added the banana and also mixed that in.
4. When the butter mix had cooled completely, I poured it into the oats in the larger bowl and mixed everything together.
5. Then, I popped the mixture into the tray and made sure it was all spread out evenly, before putting it in the oven for around 25 minutes (or until the oats are nice and golden brown on top).
6. I took the mix out of the oven, and after cooling I cut my flapjacks into some sort of squares, before I started eating them!


I really hope you all enjoyed this recipe, and maybe even some of you might want to bake something very similar in the future!

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

P.S. I realised earlier that I now have well over 30,000 views on here, so thank you very very very much for that!! :-)

8 comments:

  1. These sound so amazing and I love flapjack. Definitely going to have to give making these a go. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yes you should try them out they were pretty easy to make :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow these look so yummy! I love flapjacks they are my favourite cake x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look soo nice! I've always loved flapjack but have never really tried making some. These look amazing though so I might have to give it a go x

    http://stepintokaysblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never tried making them either, but I think I have got the hang of it now!

      Delete
  4. Yum these look absolutely delicious, thank you for sharing the recipe dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10