Baking-Carrot Cupcakes

Saturday, 20 February 2016

I have been baking again! And this time, it's Carrot Cupcakes-something that I have never tried before, but have been keen to try due to my love of cream cheese frosting. I found a couple of different recipes to complete these cakes (one for the actual cake, and one for the icing) from MyRecipes and BBC Good Food. Both worked together to make a really cute batch of cakes, that did take quite some time to get right, but taste pretty good!!


Ingredients:

For the Cakes-

2 Large Eggs
60ml Milk
170g Plain Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
8tbsp Unsalted Butter (this confused me too, but I just soften the butter and spooned out 8 lumps)
130g Light Brown Sugar
100g Grated Carrot
Some Chopped Walnuts

For the Frosting-

100g Unsalted Butter
300g Soft Cheese (like Philadelphia etc)
100g Icing Sugar, sifted

Method:

1. Firstly, I preheated the oven to 180c and lined a 12-hole cupcake tin with cases. Then, I measured the milk out in a measuring jug and added the eggs to it, before whisking together.
2. Next, in a bowl, I mixed the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder together. In another bowl I then creamed the sugar and butter together, until they resembled a fluffy mixture.
3. Adding half of the egg mixture to the sugar and butter combination, I mixed well and then added half of the flour as well and mixed again. I then repeated this step once more, mixing well after each addition.
4. Finally for the cakes themselves, I folded in the carrots and walnuts before separating the mixture equally between the 12 cases and popping them in the oven for around 30 minutes, (or just until you can put a knife or skewer inside the cake, and no raw mixture comes out on it).
5. Whilst the cakes cooled, I made my cream cheese frosting-for this is put my butter in a bowl and softened it, before also adding the cream cheese and icing sugar and mixing until smooth.
6. Then, I spooned the icing onto each cake and smoothed it out using a knife. On top, I sprinkled some more chopped up walnuts for a cute finishing touch!


And that's all there is too it really! It's quite an easy recipe to follow, but it takes a good while to prepare everything, bake, and ice the cakes, so perhaps if you haven't got so much time on your hands you could just simply make the cakes (like in the above photo) and not add any icing-they will still taste really lovely, I can assure you!

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

P.S. I'm really enjoying writing baking posts, so if any of you have an ideas on what I should bake or cook in the future please let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Delicious looking cupcake, thanks for sharing the recipe! Nothing better than cream cheese frosting, yum yum! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so dreamy!!! I don't even like carrots but they look good! Please do more baking posts!! Xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you can't really taste the carrot all that much it just makes the cakes quite soft and a bit moist! And oohhh I definitely will! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10