Baking Christmas Cookies-Blogmas Day 9

Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Hello Everyone,

Normally around Christmas I do a lot of festive baking, but this year that hasn't really happened. As I'm in my final year at secondary school I have a lot more work than I usually do, but I can assure you that when I break up for the Christmas Holidays in a week or so I will be making the attempt to bake some wintry cakes or treats.

In the meantime, to give you and I some food inspiration I will share the recipe for some Christmas biscuits that I made last year that actually turned out pretty well...


Ingredients:
225g Self-raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
150g Butter
100g Caster Sugar
1 Beaten Egg

Method:
1. First I put the oven onto 180c/Gas Mark 4, and sifted the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and then rubbed in the butter until it resembled breadcrumbs.
2. Then I added the sugar, and mixed everything to a stiff dough using the beaten egg.
3. Next, I turned out the mixture into a floured board/surface and kneaded it gently until it was smooth. After this, I wrapped the dough ball in foil and popped it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill.
4. I then rolled out my dough again on a floured surface and proceeded to cut out my snowflakes on by one.
5. After placing my biscuits onto a buttered or lined baking tray, I put them in the oven for 15 minutes (or until the turned a place gold colour).
6. Next, I left the biscuits to cool for a while, and then decorated them, as seen above, using a white icing pen and silver balls!

These biscuits did end up looking a lot better than I expected, and if I remember correctly they tasted nice too!

Thank you for reading, and I hope you are all enjoying Blogmas!

Olivia xo

8 comments:

  1. I remember these! They're so pretty!❄️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look so pretty!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so pretty! I love the icing on them :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I think it was just a tube of icing that I bought from the supermarket. It was really easy to apply!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10