Review-Benefit High Beam

Sunday, 18 October 2015

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to straight up, admit the fact that right now I'm a bit obsessed with all things Benefit. I already own several items by them and would most probably regard them as my favourite makeup brand, so it will come as no shock to you that last weekend I added another of their products to my collection. 

Two words...High Beam



For those of you who don't know, high beam is a pearly tinted, liquid highlighter that is of a pretty creamy consistency and comes in a bottle with a thin brush for application (a bit like a nail varnish bottle really).

Last Christmas, I received a tiny, travel sized High Beam in a Benefit set and somehow I have managed to get it to last up until just a week or so ago. For such a small bottle though (and I mean seriously small) it lasted a long time, and that gave me a lot of hope for when I got this much larger full sized version.

A small amount of the highlighter goes a long way, which most probably explains why it takes so long for the product to run out-dabbing just a tiny dot onto my cheeks normally does the job. Also, in all honesty, I prefer the liquid to a powder highlighter as I feel you can contour and strobe a lot more easily with it. The fact that it's pearly creates a bit of a sheen on my skin as well (not in a shiny, greasy way though) which helps to make my skin glow and look a little more healthy throughout the colder months.


Normally when I use this product, I will first apply all my base products and my bronzer before just dabbing high beam up onto my cheekbones, under the arch of my brows and along my nose. I will then just blend it in from there-however, I think it would look quite nice just to wear this product in the summer, or maybe on holiday with less makeup to just highlight and add a bit of glow to the skin.

Overall, as you can probably tell I really do like this product and am extremely happy to now say that I own the full sized version of it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a decent highlighter, as I'm sure that it will be a makeup staple of mine for months to come.

Have you ever tried High Beam? If not, which highlighters do you like to use?

Thank you for reading,

Olivia xo

18 comments:

  1. Yay I love this highlighter so much as well, it's really pretty on the skin! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really gives the skin a natural looking glow! X

      Delete
  2. I've never tried high beam but I am keen to give it a try after reading this review:) I absolutely love MACs soft and gentle mineralised skin finish and the Balms maryloumanizer:) thanks for sharing x

    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! But I would also love to try a Mac highlighter and definitely Mary-Louminizer in the future x

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any liquid highlighters before however I heard a lot about this one. I'd like to give it a try. I like Mary-Lou, it is so beautiful!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try Mary-louminizer so so badly! I have heard so many good things about it x

      Delete
  4. I really like High Beam! Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is a good one too :)


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I will have to try that one day too then x

      Delete
  5. Ah, I absolutely love High Beam - it was my first ever highlighter back about ten years ago! I'm really into using their Watts Up one at the moment, just so easy and convenient, and I actually think golden colours look better on me :)

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have watts up and I do use that sometimes as well, but right now I'm more into the pearly colour of high beam :-)

      Delete
  6. High Beam is my absolute fave highlighter, such a great product!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried high beam because its a liquid it sounds a bit more tricky than Watts Up! I'll have to make a purchase though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, it's not as difficult to use as it sounds! X

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried Benefit products because it's quite expensive, but I'm thinking of getting the travel size too now that you said it last a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be quite pricey, but getting travel sized ones are definitely worth it if you are on a budget. Sets are also good value for money as they give you the oppurtunity to try several products for a lower price!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10