Baking-Toffee Popcorn Cookies

Monday, 26 October 2015

Hello Everyone,

I haven't baked anything in ages, let alone wrote a baking post to go alongside my sweet treats. However, yesterday I finally got round to making some cookies that I saw in the Sainsburys Magazine last month, and seeing as they turned out to be pretty tasty I thought I would share the recipe with you here today...


Ingredients-

225g Butter
250g Demerara Sugar
1 Large Egg
300g Self-Raising Flour
1/2 tbs Baking Powder
100g Toffee Popcorn
100g Dark Chocolate

Method-

1. Preheat the oven to 180c/ Gas Mark 4 and then line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
2. Next, beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, and when they are well combined add in the egg and mix again.
3. Tip in the flour, baking powder, half the popcorn and mix it all together until it resembles a dough-like consistency. At this point, separate the dough into golf ball-sized balls and place them on the baking trays.
4. Lightly flatten each ball and press a couple of pieces of toffee popcorn into each one before putting them into the oven.
5. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until they are mostly golden brown. Then, leave them to cool for a while before melting the dark chocolate and drizzling it over each one.

And that's all there is to it really! This is such an easy recipe, and it results in a batch of absolutely gorgeous cookies (even if I do say so myself)!

I hope you all enjoyed another baking post seeing as it's been so long since my last...

Thank you all for Reading,

Olivia xo



21 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I love mixing popcorn with chocolate, will definitely have to give these a try!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And same toffee popcorn and dark chocolate is just a gorgeous mix x

      Delete
  2. these look insane! I imagine they tasted amazing too xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I have to say they do taste really nice!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the recipe x

      Delete
  4. These look incredible! Definitely need to make some!! :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should definitely try them out :-)

      Delete
  5. Yum, will definitely be making these! Thanks for sharing the recipe :) Beth xxx

    http://doodleanddaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious, I'd love to try them! Thank you for the recipe x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay and you should definitely try them out! X

      Delete
  7. These look amazing, well done x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so so good - what an inspired idea too!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so delicious! Definitely gonna give them a try :) x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should definitely try them out they are pretty yummy!

      Delete
  10. Those cookies are delicious! I really wish I could reach through my computer screen and grab some!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound amazing!! Definitely a recipe id be up for trying out x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) hope you get round to trying them!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10