I haven't baked anything in ages, let alone wrote a baking post to go alongside my sweet treats. However, yesterday I finally got round to making some cookies that I saw in the Sainsburys Magazine last month, and seeing as they turned out to be pretty tasty I thought I would share the recipe with you here today...
250g Demerara Sugar
1 Large Egg
300g Self-Raising Flour
1/2 tbs Baking Powder
100g Toffee Popcorn
100g Dark Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/ Gas Mark 4 and then line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
2. Next, beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, and when they are well combined add in the egg and mix again.
3. Tip in the flour, baking powder, half the popcorn and mix it all together until it resembles a dough-like consistency. At this point, separate the dough into golf ball-sized balls and place them on the baking trays.
4. Lightly flatten each ball and press a couple of pieces of toffee popcorn into each one before putting them into the oven.
5. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until they are mostly golden brown. Then, leave them to cool for a while before melting the dark chocolate and drizzling it over each one.
And that's all there is to it really! This is such an easy recipe, and it results in a batch of absolutely gorgeous cookies (even if I do say so myself)!
I hope you all enjoyed another baking post seeing as it's been so long since my last...
Thank you all for Reading,