Anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with this time of year! I do love the spring and summer months, but in the UK we have a lack of definition with the seasons (we rarely have a decent summer) so I can better prepare myself for the colder months. Therefore, I get pretty excited for autumn and winter all year, and here are the things I love and most look forward to at this time of year...
1. Cosy Clothes- I feel the cold terribly, so when the British Summer does its typical trick and fails miserably I end up feeling freezing in my thin, summery clothes. However, although I still feel the cold in the autumn and the winter, I feel I can accommodate to it a lot more and wrap up in layers of warm jumpers and scarves.
2. Lush- The products in Lush at this time of year always excite me-just visiting the Lush store in Oxford Street was enough to make me want to purchase literally every product they sell. The Christmas range particularly entices me every year-candy mountain and a giant bottle of Snow Fairy are all I need to get by!
3. Warm Drinks- I love a good cup of tea as it is refreshing all year round, but in the colder months it's always nice to treat yourself to a hot chocolate daubed in mounds of cream and piled high with marshmallows. Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte is something that I look forward to all year long, as well as all the speciality winter drinks that become available in Costa Coffee!
4. Comfort Food- in the winter it just feels so good to have some nice, warm food! Cheesy mashed potato. Big bowls of soup. Warm sponge puddings and custard. I definitely eat more stodgy food in the autumn/winter which isn't great for me,but to be honest when it's cold outside and I have just walked home in the rain/snow (you never know what you're going to get in the UK) I feel as though I deserve some good old comfort food.
5. Dark Nights- some people hate them, some people love them. I particularly love the dark nights as I'm find them cosy, comforting and the real marking of the start of the build up to Christmas. The only problem I find with them is that the light seems to deteriorate very quickly when I'm taking my blog photos, so I think I'm going to have to take my photos in bulk for the next few months.
6. Darker Makeup- Berry Lips. Deep smoky eyes. I just love the makeup looks that I am free to create in autumn and winter as I feel they suit my fair skin a lot better than the dewy, tanned looks of the summer. I have so many beauty items currently on my Wishlist for this time of year, (the item I most want being the Naked Smoky Palette) and I can't wait till I go to the Clothes Show in a month or so as I can pick up loads of makeup there!
7. Baking-I bake all year round to be honest, but I seem to have more lazy days in the house when I can bake in the colder months. Once it gets to the end of November/December, I tend to make a few batches of mince pies, as well as tonnes of other Christmas themed biscuits and cakes.
8. Christmas!- obviously this had to be on my list as I just love Christmas! I am a little obsessed with all things Christmas and am even starting to listen to the Yuletide tunes already (no shame!), because I just love the general vibe and feeling that Christmas time brings. Of course I like receiving presents at Christmas, but I also love buying presents for others and wrapping them up in cute paper, clad with many a sparkly bow!
9. Shopping- I'm a self-confessed shopaholic all year round, but Christmas time just gives me even more reason to hit the shops. As I said previously, I have the Clothes Show coming up when I am sure to buy bags of stuff, as well as the tonnes of Christmas shopping that I will get through up to and after then. Of course after Christmas there's also all the Boxing Day sales to visit as well, so at least I have those to look forward to once the present shopping has dried up.
10. My Birthday- this isn't until the end of January (the 29th if you were wondering) but it's still classed as winter time and of course I still get very excited for it! The only downside of my birthday is that it's pretty close to Christmas so I can't think of presents that I want very often, but even so it's my birthday and I love birthdays!
Well, I may have rambled a fair bit throughout this post but if you did manage to read tip the end you hopefully got a bit of an insight into my life and an insight into all the things that I love about this time of year!
What do you love about Autumn and Winter?
Thank you all for reading,