10 Things I love about Autumn and Winter

Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Hello Everyone,

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with this time of year! I do love the spring and summer months, but in the UK we have a lack of definition with the seasons (we rarely have a decent summer) so I can better prepare myself for the colder months. Therefore, I get pretty excited for autumn and winter all year, and here are the things I love and most look forward to at this time of year...


1. Cosy Clothes- I feel the cold terribly, so when the British Summer does its typical trick and fails miserably I end up feeling freezing in my thin, summery clothes. However, although I still feel the cold in the autumn and the winter, I feel I can accommodate to it a lot more and wrap up in layers of warm jumpers and scarves. 

2. Lush- The products in Lush at this time of year always excite me-just visiting the Lush store in Oxford Street was enough to make me want to purchase literally every product they sell. The Christmas range particularly entices me every year-candy mountain and a giant bottle of Snow Fairy are all I need to get by!



3. Warm Drinks- I love a good cup of tea as it is refreshing all year round, but in the colder months it's always nice to treat yourself to a hot chocolate daubed in mounds of cream and piled high with marshmallows. Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte is something that I look forward to all year long, as well as all the speciality winter drinks that become available in Costa Coffee!



4. Comfort Food- in the winter it just feels so good to have some nice, warm food! Cheesy mashed potato. Big bowls of soup. Warm sponge puddings and custard. I definitely eat more stodgy food in the autumn/winter which isn't great for me,but to be honest when it's cold outside and I have just walked home in the rain/snow (you never know what you're going to get in the UK) I feel as though I deserve some good old comfort food.

5. Dark Nights- some people hate them, some people love them. I particularly love the dark nights as I'm find them cosy, comforting and the real marking of the start of the build up to Christmas. The only problem I find with them is that the light seems to deteriorate very quickly when I'm taking my blog photos, so I think I'm going to have to take my photos in bulk for the next few months. 

6. Darker Makeup- Berry Lips. Deep smoky eyes. I just love the makeup looks that I am free to create in autumn and winter as I feel they suit my fair skin a lot better than the dewy, tanned looks of the summer. I have so many beauty items currently on my Wishlist for this time of year, (the item I most want being the Naked Smoky Palette) and I can't wait till I go to the Clothes Show in a month or so as I can pick up loads of makeup there!

7. Baking-I bake all year round to be honest, but I seem to have more lazy days in the house when I can bake in the colder months. Once it gets to the end of November/December, I tend to make a few batches of mince pies, as well as tonnes of other Christmas themed biscuits and cakes. 



8. Christmas!- obviously this had to be on my list as I just love Christmas! I am a little obsessed with all things Christmas and am even starting to listen to the Yuletide tunes already (no shame!), because I just love the general vibe and feeling that Christmas time brings. Of course I like receiving presents at Christmas, but I also love buying presents for others and wrapping them up in cute paper, clad with many a sparkly bow!

9. Shopping- I'm a self-confessed shopaholic all year round, but Christmas time just gives me even more reason to hit the shops. As I said previously, I have the Clothes Show coming up when I am sure to buy bags of stuff, as well as the tonnes of Christmas shopping that I will get through up to and after then. Of course after Christmas there's also all the Boxing Day sales to visit as well, so at least I have those to look forward to once the present shopping has dried up. 

10. My Birthday- this isn't until the end of January (the 29th if you were wondering) but it's still classed as winter time and of course I still get very excited for it! The only downside of my birthday is that it's pretty close to Christmas so I can't think of presents that I want very often, but even so it's my birthday and I love birthdays!

Well, I may have rambled a fair bit throughout this post but if you did manage to read tip the end you hopefully got a bit of an insight into my life and an insight into all the things that I love about this time of year!

What do you love about Autumn and Winter?

Thank you all for reading,

Olivia xo

24 comments:

  1. Lush is definitely one of my favourite things this time of year too! Man now I'm craving a cup of tea hehe. Lovely post! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, and I always want tea aha! X

      Delete
  2. YES, YES, YES, YES, AND YES. hahaha!! I love LUSH, and hot drinks, can't go wrong? Especially stuffing down some comfort food and getting all cosy in blankets. Bliss!! Xxxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! I'm obsessed with lush right now! I need to go and get some more of their products x

      Delete
  3. Lush at this time is also the best! And Christmas shopping! I'm going to the clothes show as well, I went last year it was amazing x

    http://vanilladrxps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went last year as well and I loved it so much that I just had to go again this year!

      Delete
  4. Aaah, I love this post! It's my favourite season, autumn. I think the best thing about autumn for me is the cozy, warm nights in!
    Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, if you wish to participate, I've written all the questions in a new post, enjoy ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for the nomination that is so kind of you, I will definitely check it out x

      Delete
  5. Dark clothes and darker makeup, YAS. But that's basically me the whole year through, really, hahaha

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I just love dark clothes to be honest!

      Delete
  6. I love all of these apart from dark nights! I love the fact that the days are so long in the summer!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both dark nights and light ones in the summer, but I know loads of people who hate dark nights! X

      Delete
  7. I love all of these things too! Especially cozy clothes..and layering TO THE MAX

    Laura

    http://thefoxtrails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I get cold so easily so I just pile on loads of thick layers! X

      Delete
  8. I love the many amounts of hot chocolate i can have =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I feel less guilty about consuming them all in the winter x

      Delete
  9. I completely agree with this post, especially LUSH - such an autumn/winter luxury!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,I pretty much only use lush in the winter as I have more baths x

      Delete
  10. I love dark evenings/nights and cosy clothes. Also the make-up this time of year I feel suits me better, like you said for yourself x

    Sophie | ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we like all the same things about autumn and winter :-)

      Delete
  11. The lush range is perfect in autumn/christmas time <3

    Kinkx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely agree with all of this! I got a new dark lipstick yesterday and I love it! It's made me feel really wintery and seasonal.

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to get a new wintry lipstick at this time of year, I bought a lovely dark red from the clothes show yesterday!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10