The Autumn Favourites Tag

Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Hello Again,

This post is a little different from the beauty ramblings that I have been recently posting, and moreover it's a post that I was really excited to write. A few days ago I was nominated by Jessica Fisher to do this tag, and as I love Autumn I immediately knew that it was the perfect post for me to do right now. Throughout the post I will just be going through the 'favourite things' that are in some way related to autumn, that I have been asked about in the tag!


Favourite Candle- I love to buy and use Yankee Candles all year round, but there's definitely nothing better than lighting one of them on a cold, dark autumnal evening. My favourite scent would probably have to be Vanilla Cupcake as its a candle that you can use all year round, although the vanilla is especially comforting in the colder months.


Favourite Lip Colour- Despite the fact that I wear this lip shade all year, I would probably have to say that Velvet Teddy is still my favourite in the autumn as well. It doesn't wash me out, which can happen quite frequently with darker lipsticks in the autumn/winter and as its Mac it's good quality and lasts for hours.



Favourite Drink- Autumn, in my opinion, is the time of year when all the best drinks start to arrive in places like Starbucks and Costa Coffee. I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes and all the different hot chocolates on offer in Costa (the chocolate orange one was a particular favourite of mine last year), but despite all this I still don't think that you can beat a good old cup of tea!

Favourite Blush-I don't really use a lot of blusher, but if I had to choose a favourite I would probably pick my Mac Well Dressed as it has just the right amount of pink to make my cheeks pop throughout the colder months.

Favourite Clothing Item- I currently have a lot of clothing items in my wardrobe that I love, as in all honesty I definitely prefer autumn/winter clothing over spring/summer. The darker colours and big cosy jumpers and scarves are my ideal clothing items, but I would probably say that my new winter coat from Topshop (I will feature it in an Autumn/Winter fashion post soon) has to be my favourite item right now.

Favourite Movie-I'm not really sure if I have a favourite movie, let alone an autumn related one. I do watch quite a lot of films, and am a bit of a film fan but I would have to say that on a cold day I would most like to snuggle up and watch a Disney film.



Favourite TV Show- I wasn't really sure about this one either so I will probably just go for something like Only Fools and Horses or The Simpsons, as they are just the sorts of programmes that I watch on a lazy day.

Favourite Thanksgiving Food- I'm from the UK so we don't do Thanksgiving here and I'm not all that sure what's involved in Thanksgiving dinners. However, from a British traditional dinner (like Sunday lunch) I would say that mashed potato or Yorkshire puddings are my favourites.

Favourite Halloween Costume- I have never really dressed up for Halloween either, as its not really a holiday that I like to get into. If I were to go to a party or dress up though, I probably wouldn't go as anything particularly scary as I don't really like horror!

Well there's my attempt at this tag, and instead of tagging certain people I'm just going to say to please have a go at this post if you're a big autumn/fall fan like myself!

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

18 comments:

  1. Oh man now I am totally craving tea, I might just have some hehe.. Those two MAC products are on my list, I need to check them out they look lovely! Lovely tag, really enjoyed this post dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I always crave tea! And thank you-the Mac lipstick and blush are really really nice! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post! Autumn is my favourite and I love pumpkin spice lattes and different flavoured hot chocolates too :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, autumn is my favourite season too! X

      Delete
  3. I love tea and hot coffee in the fall! And Velvet Teddy sounds like a beautiful shade for fall!

    Brunette-ish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and yes it is-it's a versatile shade really but I think it really completes an autumn makeup look! X

      Delete
  4. The orange hot chocolate from Costa is sublime! I fell in love with it last year too! And Velvet Teddy is a perfect shade for Autumn, its one of my favourites right now!

    Emma | emmaraeburnx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone else was a fan of the chocolate orange! I drank so many of them! And yay! Thank you! X

      Delete
  5. What a nice post :) I love tea and pumpkin spiced latte! I need to buy Velvet Teddy, it has been in my list for so long!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and go for it-I waited around to get velvet teddy for way to long! X

      Delete
  6. I am definitely with you on yankee candles! I have a huge stack of them that I plan to rotate through the year depending on season or situation :P

    Lovely post :)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, right now I am trying to get through my summer ones still though!

      Delete
  7. Pumpkin spice lattes are heavenly.. I think I may have to buy my own pumpkin spice syrup so I can drink them all day every day!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh imagine that! Definitely need that in my life so I can have them all year round!

      Delete
  8. Halloween is one of my favourite times! I'm buzzing, the makeup looks are so fun to mess around with! X

    Vintage fun over on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never really tried any Halloween looks, but this year I may give some a go!

      Delete
  9. I love your lipstick shade.

    http://www.fallenlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10