Review-Sleek Contour Palette

Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Hello Everyone, 

A few weeks ago now, I mentioned that I had purchased the Sleek Contour Palette on one of my many shopping trips during the summer holidays. I had wanted to buy the palette for a long time, as firstly I had heard many good things about it, and secondly I was desperate to find a bronzer/contour kit that didn't look too dark on my pale-ish skin.

I'm happy to say that I think I may have finally found a complementary contour/bronzing shade within this palette, as I will explain throughout the rest of this review...


So, I bought this palette from Superdrug and it cost me £6.99, which I believe is definitely an extremely fair price for such a product considering you are getting both a bronzer and highlighter within the set. There are a few shades available, but I got the lightest shade because, as I said before I was looking for a bronzing shade that actually suited my skin tone and was lighter than the others I already have.

The packaging of the palette is really good considering the price- it comes in a sealed box so you know that no one has tampered, or messed with the product before hand. The actual palette is also really cute, as it's sturdy,slim and inside above the two shades is a little mirror which I think is a really nice added feature.

Onto the actual product, and I will start by talking about the bronzer... It's a really lovely muted orangey/brown shade, that looks nice when just worn to add a little colour to the cheeks and face, as well as when built up to contour. To apply the bronzer, I use my real techniques contour brush (see in the above image) as it glides perfectly into the hollow of my cheekbones, and evenly distributes the colour so my cheeks don't end up looking dirty or patchy in any way. When just adding a bit of bronze  to my face for a more natural look, I will just lightly brush one coat of the bronzer on, and to contour I will just build up with about two strokes below the cheekbone.

I then just brush the highlighter higher up on my cheeks using a separate blusher brush, so as to create a bit of a glow and shimmer. I really love the highlighter that comes with this palette as it isn't too bright, and is just a light, shimmery shade that gently illuminates and lifts the cheeks.

Overall, as you can probably tell after reading this review (of sorts) , I really do like this product. I wasn't sure that I would get on with it and did hesitate to buy it, but after hearing a lot of good things about Sleek and their palettes, I decided to take the plunge. And to be honest, I'm glad that I did as I'm now pretty sure that I will be revisiting the Sleek stand again and again to try out more of their products!

Have you tried this palette before? If not, what bronzing/contouring products do you use? Please comment below and tell me as I love to find out what products you all use...

Thank you for reading,

Olivia xo

25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently bought a Sleek blush and was really impressed! So this is something I would definitely try!

      sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
    2. I really want to try a Sleek blush, if it's anything like this contour kit then I'm sure it will be amazing!

      Delete
  2. I have this but always forget about it! I love NYX Taupe blush for contour, it's the perfect shade!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try some NYX products as I don't have any! Maybe I will have to put that blush at the top of my list!

      Delete
  3. That highlighter shade looks especially fabulous! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is-it's shimmery, but also pretty subtle! Xx

      Delete
  4. This looks so pretty! I do love a bit of Sleek!

    Kate | kate emma loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and me too! This is my first Sleek product, but I will definitely be buying more from them now!

      Delete
  5. I've been looking for a contouring kit for my pale skin and will definitely try this one! Thank you for sharing, www.shoesstylesmile.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really difficult to find shades that suit pale skin, isn't it? But, yes this one is really good especially in the lightest shade!

      Delete
  6. I've never tried anything from sleek but I really feel like I should because I see so many good things about their products! I may have to pick this up on my next Superdrug trip! :-)
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard a lot of good things too, and that's what made me buy this palette! The good comments were right though!

      Delete
  7. I love sleek make-up, so cheap and so spot on! I will have to try this out :) great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and yes you will definitely have to! Thank you :-)

      Delete
  8. Great review! I really need to try more sleek makeup, I have heard so many good things x :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes you really should! They are really good products and the prices aren't too high either x

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh this looks amazing, I've been wanting a contour palette for so long now, and I've heard such good reviews about the brand Sleek, I think it's time I head out and pick one up!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really it! I wasn't sure that I would like using a contour palette but I really recommend it now!

      Delete
  10. This Sleek palette seems to be so lovely. Can't believe it's possible to find such good product for only £7!
    I have also seen many good reviews on different Sleek contour palettes, so I might give one of them a try actually :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how cheap it was either, it's definitely worth the buy :-)

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10