Not Worth The Hype-Leighton Denny Nail Polish

Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Hello Everyone,

I'm constantly adding to my nail polish collection, and it grew in size once again last week when I got my first Leighton Denny polish. For quite a while, I had admired the Leighton Denny polishes that lined the makeup stands in my local M&S, but had never before got round to purchasing one due to my dedication to the OPI and Essie brands. Their polishes all cost around £11, which is up the higher end of the nail polish price spectrum and due to this price I was expecting a pretty decent standard of product.

However, I was disappointed with what I got from this product as I will explain throughout this post...



Upon searching through the different shades, this particular one just happened to catch my eye when I was immediately struck by its beauty. The shade is called Totally Bedazzled, and choosing it was seemingly a no brainer to me as I could envision the lilac sheen working all year round, with all sorts of outfits. 

The packaging also proved to be very appealing to me, as it looked as though it definitely reflected the price tag. It's sturdy bottle looked perfectly suitable for travelling, and it's shiny lettering and lid looked pretty smart and professional.

Once I got it home, I was just a little bit too excited to wear it. Therefore I was super satisified to find that the polish itself applied well, with quite a lot of colour being added to my nails in as little as one coat. It also dried quickly-which again is another plus, as I hate hate HATE having to wait around for my nails to dry!

So yes, everything was going well with this product and right now your probably wondering why on earth I have made this out to be a negative review...but, the true colours of this product only emerged in the hours that followed.


Chips. Scratches. On every single one of my nails. Needless to say, I was less than impressed when it got to the stage that I could no longer stand looking at the lack of polish that was left on my nails. So less than 18 hours after applying the nail polish, I was removing it again and quite honestly I'm now in no rush to put it back on again. I'm really quite disappointed with this considering I have many cheaper, drugstore nail polishes that don't budge from my nails for days on end, and I do not even have to apply base or top coats to keep them on!

Obviously, this all only from my own experience, and I have only ever tried this one Leighton Denny polish. However, I do not think I would be tempted in to try another (any time soon anyway) and if I'm to wear Totally Bedazzled again, I will definitely be coating it over and over with top coats to try create a bit more durability.

Have you ever tried a Leighton Denny polish? If so, what was your experience like?

Thank you for reading,

Olivia xo

14 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try the Leighton Denny Polishes for ages but I don't think I will after reading this! I love the Leighton Denny Accessories though like their Nail & Foot Files!

    Yas xx

    Not Always Rosy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only tried the one polish, so others may be different! I just think the polishes are too expensive for the quality I have seen! X

      Delete
  2. A very honest review! Thank you

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great honest review.

    I own tons of nail polish brands and Leighton Denny is one of my favourites. I never wear a polish on it's own without a base coat and a top coat - so I would definitely recommend that you try it with either of those.

    To be honest, ALL polishes chip, no matter what brand you try with the amount of typing that I do everyday, there is no longevity in anything.

    To me Leighton's polishes are highly pigmented and a joy to use - but it's personal preference I guess. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, and yes I think it is all down to personal view! I have personally just purchased cheaper drugstore polishes that have lasted longer.
      :-)

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any nail polishes from LD. What a shame that after paying that much, it ended up being a big disappointing product!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it all down to personal preference, there's no saying that you might love these polishes. Sadly, though this one just didn't work for me!

      Delete
  5. That sucks! Hopefully a top coat will help next time round if you give it another chance!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but yes I will definitely be giving it another chance at some point!

      Delete
  6. I always find that higher priced nail varnishes just end up not being worth the money! I love the Collection £1.99 ones.
    I've tagged you to do the Autumn Favourites Tag which you can read about on my blog :-)

    Jess xxx
    http://jessscanxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I love Barry M and they are only £3.99! And thank you, I will definitely check it out! X

      Delete
  7. I really loved the one I used, called "Butterfly Kisses" and it lasted about 5 weeks, having said that it was on my toe nails so I'm pleased I didn't splash out on too much if it is disappointing on fingernails!
    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh aha, maybe because mine was a shiny/chrome one it chipped easily. I don't know, but I can't believe everyone else's is lasting! And even so, that is a long time for it to last on your toes! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10