Battle of the Eyeshadows - Drugstore vs High End

Sunday, 20 September 2015

Hello Everyone,

As many of you may or may not already know, I love a good eyeshadow palette. A couple of months ago I purchased my first Urban Decay Naked Palette (the Naked Basics 2), and that got me thinking-thinking about the comparisons between that and my other, older drugstore palettes. The main drugstore palette that I was using before the arrival of my Naked palette was the MUA Undress Me Too palette; a palette that cost very little, but did a hell of a lot...

So today, I thought it was only fair that I compared the two, and tried to conclude which I thought was better (which was a seemingly more difficult decision than I first thought it would be!)


Price-
MUA- £4.00
Naked- £23.00

Packaging-
MUA - the packaging of this palette is pretty reflective of its price-it's made from plastic, looks plastic and I can imagine it would be pretty easily broken or cracked. I'm not a massive fan of the colouring of the packaging either as the white, in my opinion, does make it look a bit cheap and tacky. But, I suppose at the end of the day it's unfair of me to expect grandeur for such a low price.
Naked - I was really happy with the packaging of this palette as it seems sturdy, strong and would be much more travel appropriate than the MUA palette. The colouring and lettering of this palette is also a lot more appealing than that of the MUA one, plus the mirror on the interior definitely reflects the price tag.

Colour/Shadow Shades-
MUA- Without a doubt, the range of colours in this palette is a lot wider than that of the Naked palette, but that was expected considering I already knew that the Naked Basics palette contained less shades than the regular Naked palettes. The shadows in this palette also range from mattes to more glittery shades, so it is suitable to create all sorts of different looks, day or night.
Naked- Like I previously said, when I bought this palette I knew the range of colours was small and I also knew that they were all matte shades. However, the fact that they are all matte doesn't bother me as each colour is super pigmented and is great to create both subtle looks and more bolder ones.

Quality-
MUA- Considering how much this palette actually cost, I do have to say that it is pretty good quality stuff. The shadows themselves are relatively pigmented and do stay on my eyes for quite a long time.However, I do find the shadows a little crumbly, and probably more difficult to apply and blend than my Naked ones, but for the price of £4, they are way better than I ever expected them to be!
Naked - As I payed a much higher price for these shadows, I was obviously expecting them to be of a higher quality, and thankfully, they are! As I previously said, they are super pigmented and easy to apply and blend to create all sorts of looks. They also stay on the eyes for hours just like the MUA shadows, which again is a definite plus for day to day looks.

Overall
So on to my conclusion, and it probably won't surprise any of you to hear that I would pick the higher end Naked Basics 2 as my favourite of the two palettes in question. I know that it is a lot more expensive than the MUA palette, but the quality and colours are just perfect for me. 

However, this does not mean that I am any less of a fan of the MUA palettes,as they are perfect for anyone on a budget and do contain an absolutely great range of colours and shadows to suit anyone. 

Do you prefer drugstore or high end eyeshadow palettes? Please comment below and tell me your favourites!

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo


19 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Naked palette, I use it all the time! The quality of the shades blow me away every time.. xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm totally obsessed with every single one of the shades! X

      Delete
  2. Oh my god I love MUA palettes and have been contemplating a Naked palette for ages but always thought that the cheaper option will be good enough, and now you've completely sold me!! I can't justify spending almost £50 on more of the extravagant Naked palettes though. My favourite MUA palette is the Romantic Efflorescence by MUA :) sorry for rambling!
    Jess xxx

    http://jessscanxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to get round to purchasing a naked palette ,as they are pretty pricey, but in the end I would definitely say they are worth the money!

      However, I love the MUA palettes too, and it's nice to find someone who is a fan as well! Xx

      Delete
  3. Urban Decay shadows are so nice! Great review!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are incredible! And thank you x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried the MUA palette but I'm obsessed with Naked Basics 2! Definitely think it's worth the money!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, since I got my naked palette it's all I ever really use!

      Delete
  5. Great review! I agree once you actually own a naked palette its hard to not use it all the time, but if you're on a budget then the MUA palettes are still really good for the money. Have you tried the Make Up Revolution palettes as well? They do some really good naked dupes for the same prices! xx

    http://leonnilittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried a make up revolution palette, but will definitely be having a look at them now! X thank you!

      Delete
  6. UD is great but MUA is so affordable! Something for every budget. Great review!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the naked palettes!!
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I'm obsessed and love each and every one of the colours!

      Delete
  8. Great post! I love all the naked palettes

    http://brunette-ish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and currently I only own one but am hoping to grow my collection soon!

      Delete
  9. I love MUA products...cheap and do the do the job!
    The colors on this one are great!
    <3
    Shreya
    Bric-A-Brac.A fashion and lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have both of these palates, and I'm with you, the Naked are so much nicer quality. However, I found the MUA colours perfect for autumn :) x

    http://travellingthroughmytwenties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do like all the shimmer shades in the MUA palette!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10