Autumn Berry Lips

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Hello Everyone,

I love Autumn and Winter so much! The warm clothes, the Pumpkin Spice Lattes, the Christmas shopping...Not to mention the darker makeup looks, which FYI suit me so much more than the bronzed, coral summer looks. Perhaps it's just my dark hair and pale skin, but I find pulling off a dark lip and glittery eye so much easier than trying to be a bronzed goddess.

Never before though, have I actually gone all out with the Autumnal makeup looks, and never before have I bought a berry lip shade! But this year, it's all change and I have decided to go for it! 



So, I popped into Boots and searched pretty much all over for a nice berry shade (one that wasn't too dark, but was just dark enough to look effective). That's when I came across the Maybelline lippie stand, and there I found the most beautiful shade in Midnight Plum. Right next to it though, was a matching lip liner which I also decided to buy after much deliberation as it will most likely stop such a dark shade of lipstick from bleeding. As it's also 3 for 2 on Maybelline products right now in Boots, I got a Dr Rescue strengthening nail polish (but more about that another time).

I found it pretty simple to create the berry lip look that's perfect for autumn- easier than expected anyway. Firstly, I just put a bit of lip balm on my lips to give them a bit of moisture before applying the actual lip colours. I then just went round my lips with the liner and then slightly filled them in, also with the liner. Obviously then I just applied a coat of the lipstick and the look was complete-so simple, yet so effective! 


Together, the lip liner and lipstick had great staying power and kept their colour for hours! I was really surprised by the quality of both products, considering the low prices of both (the lipstick was £6.99 and the liner was £3.99) and would definitely repurchase both products in the future, if not go back to get more Maybelline lip products.

This is such an easy peasy look to create and can be added very quickly to even the simplest of makeup looks. It will definitely be my go-to makeup addition throughout the rest of the autumn and even the winter, as I hope to embrace the more wintry makeup looks wholly this year...

Do you prefer makeup in the spring/summer or autumn/winter?

Thanks for reading,

Olivia xo

40 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I need, it's a gorgeous colour!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice, and really easy to apply!

      Delete
  2. I share the same love for Autumn and Winter, i've honestly been looking for a decent berry lip for so long and I adore this!

    http://www.taintedblues.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! They are the best seasons! And it's really nice-definitely worth the buy

      Delete
  3. I prefer makeup in the autumn / winter all the way, my skin behaves better in the autumn / winter too - i.e. not too oily. That;s a much better look! xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I face the same problems in the summer wth my makeup. My skin really suits winter makeup more!

      Delete
  4. This looks like such a lovely lip shade! I've never tried a berry lip but I really want to! x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on loving Autumn! The warm clothes, pumpkin spice lattes, heck anything pumpkin spiced! Don't even get me started on Christmas lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People try not to bring Chritsmas up with me anymore, because I just tend to ramble on a bout how much I love it!

      Delete
  6. I love the berry look, i'm like you and i prefer it to the nudes. I'm super excited for autumn!xx

    daniellelgreaves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Autumn / Winter makeup really suits me more than summer looks!

      Delete
  7. This is such a lovely combo!

    Lauren x
    laurenselwood.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous purple colour and it looks great on you!

    Megan x / http://megaanalicec.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely prefer Autumn/Winter! I love a berry lip and nail!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Now I have a berry lip shade, now I need to get a berry nail polish too

      Delete
  10. beautiful! totally my type of colour :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That colour is so pretty! Love that they had the matching liner so easily available too

    www.racheleiwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it was right next to the lipstick so it was too hard to say no to it! :-)

      Delete
  12. Lovely shade! Looks so good on you, I'm literally going to buy both of them tomorrow when I go into boots :D
    Abiee xx
    www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yay! You definitely should-they are both lovely, and great value for money x

      Delete
  13. Beautiful lip combination! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful color! I've been looking for a good berry shade :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes it's lovely and just the right amount of berry colour!

      Delete
  15. Definitely Autumn! I love wearing berry and dark vampy colors!

    themakeupleague.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, although I have only just got into darker lip shades. But I'm loving them already!

      Delete
  16. Such a lovely lip combo! I love Maybelline lipsticks x

    -Wildfire Charm

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving all the berry tones that are around for A/W '15. They really suit you! I think I need to experiment with some myself :) xx

    http://dimfrills.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes you definitely should!

      Delete
  18. This is a beautiful combo! Love the lipstick shade!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shade, it really suits you! I really need to invest in a berry lipstick, if its the last thing I do :)

    Sonam xox - http://fashtasticflare.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and :-) yes, you really should invest!

      Delete
  20. That lipstick shade looks fantastic on you :) I also adore fall and winter! It's simply just the best time of year!

    Mallory
    perhapsbananas.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are my favourite seasons too!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10