August Favourites

Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Hello Again,

It's that time again, and I honestly can't believe how quickly August passed by. It feels like only a couple of days since I was sat writing about my July favourites, and now I'm here again writing about my August ones...


August has been a pretty good month for me, mostly because I have been off school for the vast majority of it! I feel like I have done a lot within the month and achieved quite a lot with my blog etc...and of course there have also been a few things that I have been particularly loving, most of them being beauty related items.

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette-you may well have all guessed that this would be in my favourites  this month, as since I have got it I have practically not stopped talking about it, or posting photos of it on my Instagram. It is my first Naked palette, and I'm totally obsessed with it and can't wait to buy more of the Urban Decay palettes. The colour selection is perfect for me, as I love nude shades and I can easily use it to create both everyday looks and also more smokey looks.

Essie Buy Me a Cameo-this is my favourite Essie nail polish, and sadly it's running out right now :-(. Over the last month, I have been wearing this an awful lot as it just works so well with so many outfits. It's a lovely shiny shade and doesn't really tend to chip-even when it does, you can't even really tell as it is a quite light colour.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush-this is from the Core Collection that I got a couple of weeks ago, and it is probably my most used brush from the set. I don't think that it's actually meant to be used as a foundation brush, but that's what I use it for anyway as I feel it really blends my foundation well, and helps give me an even coverage.

Real Techniques Sponge-as you can probably tell, I'm having a bit of an obsessive moment over Real Techniques products right now. I bought the sponge before the brush set, as I had never tried a beauty sponge of any sort before but now I can honestly say I would definitely buy more. This specific sponge is amazing at blending my makeup, and it also washes really well which is a great plus.

The Girl on the Train book-I don't normally have a lot of time to read, and after being at school etc, I normally can't really be bothered to concentrate on a book. But in the holidays I had a bit more time on my hands, and had wanted to have a read of this book for so long seeing as it has recieved so many positive reviews. It didn't disappoint either, and was a fantastic read. From start to end I was constantly intrigued by the story line and didn't want to put the book down.

Well, another month that has passed by and before I know it I will probably be writing my September favourites. I am really looking forward to the coming months though, as I love autumn and winter (especially Christmas time).

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

25 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try makeup sponge, now when I saw your review I might buy it!!:)

    http://blogbyvioleta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is very good, considerably cheaper than the beauty blender but still so so good!

      Delete
  2. That palette is one of my favourites, definitely! So many awesome colors! Now I really want to read that book, I'm always reading but I just never got around to picking this book up (I've only heard wonderful things) I need to get on it. xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! And yes, you should definitely read it-I struggle to get into books, but this one really had me hooked!

      Delete
  3. That Essie polish is gorgeous, I don't blame you for being nearly out of it! And, yours is the second good thing I've read about The Girl on the Train today! I feel like I should definitely track down a copy!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice, I really need to buy another though before it runs out all together. And yes I got the Girl on the Train as I had also heard lots of good things about it and it didn't disappoint!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! I really am looking forward to be able to buy some real technic brushes them seem so good x



    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good, i would definitely recommend them to you!

      Delete
  5. I just got my real techniques core set from the shopping channel last month too! I really like the buffing brush and use it with a bb cream!

    Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on twitter and instagram :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's really great for base products like Bb cream and foundation. And of course I will have a read, thank you!

      Delete
  6. I need the buffing brush, I use the Expert face brush as I didn't like the foundation brush from Real Technique! I also want to try out the sponge, I've never tried out any sponges either so not sure if I'll like it!
    I'm so excited to read the girl on the train!! Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to also get the expert face brush, as I have heard a lot of good things about it! But yes, the buffing brush is really good! And it's a really really good book, definitely worth a read! X

      Delete
  7. Naked Basics 2 is amazing! I've nearly hit pan on one of the shades and that never happens me!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I have only just bought mine but I'm pretty sure I will be using it until it runs out!

      Delete
  8. I love the Naked Basics palettes, and The Girl On The Train was such a great read! Great post :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really need to invest in another naked palette as I love them so much now!

      Delete
  9. Great post! I loved the Girl On the Train!

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the buffing brush for foundation too! Glad I'm not the only one xo

    Sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would use it for anything else, it's just so good at applying foundation!

      Delete
  11. I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses the buffing brush for foundation, it definitely gets the coverage I want xx

    http://ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I was surprised how well it actually applied my foundation!

      Delete
  12. I LOVE the buffing brush, definitely my go to for concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it's really good at blending my collection lasting perfection conealer!

      Delete
  13. Real technique brushes are simple amazing!! They blend so well!!! How do you find the sponge? I have the beauty blender but may want to try the real technique one too! :)

    Louise | www.thestylewalk.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10