Velvet Teddy - First Impressions

Sunday, 2 August 2015

Hello everyone,

This is only going to be a short post, but if you read my Mac Lipstick Wishlist which was posted a few days ago, you will know how much I was lusting after the shade Velvet Teddy. As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I actually finally got it! After months of being told it was out of stock, and generally being pretty indecisive over whether to get it or not, I eventually went for it and now I can proudly say that it is part of my little Mac Lipstick collection...


I was immediately struck by how beautiful the colour was, as soon as I even opened the lipstick. It's from the matte collection of lipsticks, which is something that I don't usually go for but even so, as soon as I opened it up I just couldn't wait to try it out.

For months now, I have seen endless bloggers and youtubers rave over this shade, and everyone seemed to look great with it on in pictures. However, I was slightly worried that the shade might not suit me as I don't really own any shades that are anything like Velvet Teddy. Thankfully though, I loved it as soon as it was on my lips.


I know, the photo above isn't exactly great of me, and definitely does not do this lipstick justice, but I just wanted to share a quick photo of how this shade looks on me and with my sort of skin tone.

Overall, I have to say that my first impressions of this product are very good indeed. This lipstick definitely lives up to the hype it has amassed and is of great quality, looks good and stays on for hours (and I mean, hours!)

Again thank you for reading! And thank you for getting me to 700 Bloglovin followers :-) 

Olivia xo

25 comments:

  1. This suits you so well, I'm a huge fan of velvet teddy and was gifted it for my birthday last year. I'm still loving it and unfortunately it has almost ran out :'( Will defo be repurchasing though because I love it so much <3 Your eyebrows look amazing btw :-)

    Love Charlotte xx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! Wow aha, it's so nice isn't it, i have only had it a few days and am already obsessed! And thank you so much, they are so difficult to get into the right shape aha!! Xx

      Delete
  2. I just bought this lipstick the other day and I think it's such a great shade for every day wear! You look great in it! :-)
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this lipstick the other day and I think it's such a great shade for every day wear! You look great in it! :-)
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I love it! And thank you so much! X

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen this lipstick on its own, only when people were wearing it. I didn't think I would like it, but it does look like a nice colour! It looks lovely on you :)

    Erin
    http://orchidsandtea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought I would show photos of it on its own, as well as on me as it can look quite different on and off. And it is really nice, thank you Erin!

      Delete
  5. The colour suits you so well! Unfortunately the only nude lipstick by MAC that suits me is Taupe xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And Ohhh taupe is so beautiful though, I bet it looks lovely on! Xx

      Delete
  6. Love this! Definitely going to make this my next MAC purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, you definitely should get it!

      Delete
  7. Velvet Teddy looks lovely on you. I don't go for mattes usually too but I'm kinda warming to them now.

    Barbie Sparkles | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and same I never used to like them but now I'm kind of obsessed! :-)

      Delete
  8. This shade has been on my wishlist for quite some time too! It looks amazing on you, definitely a good decision!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I wanted it for so so so long! And thank you so much!! X

      Delete
  9. Such a pretty colour! You look beautiful!

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've recently just bought this as my first Mac lipstick and it's such a pretty colour as you said! It looks really good on you!

    www.makinglifeacamera.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely isn't it! And thank you so much! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10