Review-Real Techniques Core Collection

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

After what seems like an eternity, I finally got the Real Techniques Core Collection-better late than never I suppose. And these are actually the first Real Techniques brushes that I have ever bought or owned, so I was pretty excited to finally see what all the hype was about!

I purchased these brushes from Boots, and they were £10.99 instead of £21.99 which I believe is an amazing offer. I'm not sure how long this offer is going to last for, but I will link to the offer anyway-http://www.boots.com/en/Real-Techniques-Core-Collection-1403_1252038/

The brushes obviously look beautiful (as you can see above), they are so so soft and the case that comes with them is pretty cool too...
I'm not sure that I use all the brushes in the way described on the boxing, so today I thought I would just explain how I use each brush and what I like about each one.

1. I believe that this is the contour brush, and surprisingly, unlike the rest of the brushes I actually use it for its sole purpose. The thin, yet curved brush head makes it great to get into and excentuaute the bone structure and also to effectively contour. Because the brush is great quality as well, my contour doesn't look patchy or too brown which again is a brilliant thing!

2. This brush is meant to be used for foundation, but as it is quite small I feel more inlcinded to use it for applying concealer under the eyes etc. I really like the shape of the brush, and as it is pointed it will make it easier to get the makeup into certain areas under the eyes, or around the nose.

3. I'm yet to really use this brush, but I think I will probably use it for the finer details in lip and eye makeup looks. The brush is really nice as it is so super thin so I can imagine it will be great for finicky things, and it's also different from any other brush shapes that I currently own, so I can't wait to try it out properly!

4. I think this brush is meant to be used to apply products such as powder, but I instead use it for foundation. It's really great to use to just dab and blend in the foundation and BB creams that I have, and as it is a large brush it means that you can cover more area quicker which is a definite plus.

The case that the brushes come in is also really good, and adds that extra finer detail to the product set as a whole. I love how it will come in handy to store the brushes when I'm at home, and also when I go on holiday in the future.

I know that I got these brushes on offer and at a very good price, but I do honestly think that they are worth the money anyway. You pay for the quality, and that is all I can really say-they are soft, fantastic at applying makeup and I'm in no doubt that they will wash really easily as well.

Do you own this collection or any of the Real Techniques Brushes? If so, what do you think of them?

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

22 comments:

  1. I haven't got any real techniques brushes but if I had to get one I would get the fourth one I really want a good foundation brush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the fourth one the best out of the set! It really blends my foundation so well! X

      Delete
  2. I'm soooooo desperate to treat myself to get some Real Techniques brushes. I'm slightly leaning towards getting the Real Techniques Starter Set, but now that I know that the company is actually good with their brushes, with a proper recommendation and review on the brush quality I think I might try and get them sooner rather than later :)

    Megan x
    http://www.megzbox.blogspot.co.uk
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaRPTJ7_7s8M-72QCp2Yibw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely a very high standard of brushes, so I would definitely recommend them to you! You should treat yourself :-)

      Delete
  3. I have these too! I absolutely LOVE the buffing brush I use it for my foundation every single day I don't think I'll ever use anything else :) I also get a lot of use out of the contour brush too for contouring/bronzing and also setting powder. I don't really use the other 2 brushes though or the case!
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will use those two brushes the most as well, my contouring is going so well since I starting using the first brush! And I think I will only really use the case for storage and potentially travelling! X

      Delete
  4. They look like amazing and soft brushes!

    www.littleblackshell.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of the Real Technique brushes, i love them. They're the only make up brushes i've used, so soft!xx

    daniellelgreaves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will be my go to from now on, the quality is just so good!

      Delete
  6. I have the same ones! They are brilliant! Best budget brushes I've ever used.

    love, Turn it inside out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, and the price I got them for was pretty good too x

      Delete
  7. I love Real Techniques, But I wish they sold all of these brushes individually! Personally I only ever use the buffing brush from this set now. I've just reviewed one of the brushes from their bold metals range on my blog - the price difference is huge!
    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan now too, but I think the buffing brush will absolutely get the most use! I really love the bold metals but I really can't afford them, maybe I will ask for them for Xmas/birthdays.

      Delete
  8. I own this collection, and I get the most use out of the buffing brush! The contour brush is great too! Hope your happy with your purchase :)

    This Damsel Loves Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm very happy with the purchase, those are the two brushes I will probably use the most too!

      Delete
  9. I have this collection! I've found I rarely use brush no. 3, not sure why, I think I forget I have it, and I coped doing my makeup without it before, I just don't really use it! Xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will probably use 3 all that much either,maybe just for eye makeup or lip stains x

      Delete
  10. I am going to ask for this set for Christmas, its always super reduced on Amazon all year around x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would make a really good present! It's pretty cheap in boots right now but I don't know how long that offer is going to last for!

      Delete
  11. Absolutely love this collection! I use the contour and buffing brush the most out of this set! Definitely a must have x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and I use those two the most as well! I think they are everyone's favourites :-)

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10