Recent Beauty Buys

Friday, 7 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

This will only be a quick post today, but I just wanted to share with you some of the beauty bits and bobs that I have bought over the last few weeks...




1. Mac Eyeshadow- This was bought at Cheshire Oaks Outlets, in the Cosmetics Company Store. I'm not too sure how much it normally sells for, but I know that I bought it for around £12 which is definitely a good price for a Mac product. It contains four different colour shadows (a highlighter shade, a nude shade, a plum shade and a darker, shadowy shade), and upon putting all the colours together you can get a really nice, subtle smokey eye look.

2. Smashbox Shadow Primer- I also bought this from the Cosmetics Company Store, and it was part of the Try It Kit which normally retails at around £19. Luckily for me though, in the outlet store it was about £13 instead. So far, I have only tried this primer a couple of times but I can already tell the that it really makes a difference with my eyeshadow, and keeps the colour in place for hours.

3. Smashbox Foundation Primer- This was also part of the Try It Kit (it also contained a mini mascara but I forgot to include that in my photos) and again, I have only used it a couple of times. However, like with the shadow primer, it really keeps my foundation looking smooth and helps to disguise some of my more prominent pore areas.


4. Sleek Contour Palette- I bought this from Superdrug for about £6.99, in the shade light. For ages now I have wanted this palette and have heard a lot of good things about it, so when I saw it in Superdrug I knew I just had to try it. I have only used it the once so far, but from that first use I can already say that it will from now on be a definite staple amongst my beauty products. The bronzer really suits my skin tone, and when paired with the highlighting shade it creates a really lovely subtle contoured look.

5. Smashbox Eyeshadow Trio- This product also came with the Try It Kit, and again I have only used it once. I really like how it comes with a highlighter shade, a natural brown shade, and a darker chocolatey shade, as the three really pair well together to create an everyday smokey eye look.

6. Calvin Klein Eyeshadow- I bought this product from Poundland. Yes, Poundland! Not exactly the staple makeup store I know, but honestly you can actually find some pretty good brands in there (Sally Hansen, Revlon etc). I was reslly impressed with this find, as the eyeshadow itself is really nice as a base for more darker colours to go on, and for a pound how could I go wrong?

I hope you enjoyed this brief round up of the products I have recently bought. I'm yet to fully try most of them out, but am on the whole pretty impressed with all of my buys.

Thank you for reading,
And thank you for getting me to 800 followers on Bloglovin, it really means so much to me! - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/olivia-redfern-14068335

Olivia xo

8 comments:

  1. I love the look of that Sleek contour palette! I may have to try out that Smash foundation primer - sounds good! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both really good, especially the sleek palette! I would definitely recommend them x

      Delete
  2. Smashbox Primer is greatest product, I can't believe how much it changes a look! Sleek contour palette is also my fav, it matches to my skin complexion brilliantly !

    Have a great weekend!
    x

    http://theherissue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really helps my combination skin look good under foundation!

      Thank you, you too! X

      Delete
  3. The Sleek Contour Palette looks gorgeous. I love designer outlets for makeup!xx

    daniellelgreaves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, it's fantastic considering the low price! And I know, they are so good! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10