Pink Lipsticks - Drugstore VS High End

Monday, 17 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

Today I really wanted to do a lipstick related post, as I felt like swatching some of my pink lippies whilst I was doing my makeup earlier. I therefore, thought that a fun post to write would be one where I compare two of my favourite pinks-one being drugstore, and one being more high end...



The Drugstore Lipstick that I chose was... Revlon Pink Sizzle

Price- £7.99

I love this lipstick as it looks to be a dark pink, but once applied to the lips it is more of a glossy, lighter pink that looks really nice of a day or of a night. This was purchased some time last year, and I have only just recently rediscovered it, and I have already fallen back in love with it. 

I don't think that it cost a bad price really, considering it is Revlon and Revlon is probably at the higher end of the drugstore selection. The colour is pretty nice, but it doesn't stay on the lips for that long and I do finding myself having to reapply it quite frequently. 


The High End Lipstick that I chose was... Mac Chatterbox.

Price- £15.50

This is more of a lighter pink compared to Pink Sizzle, but it is also quite a bit brighter. It was the first Mac lipstick that I ever purchased, and was the lipstick that inspired me to try and grow my collection as I just loved the quality and colour of the product. It can be worn day or night, but I would say that it is a more summery lipstick due to its pinkness, however this probably won't stop me wearing it as we head into the colder months.

The quality of it is quite a bit better than Pink Sizzle, as it is creamy and has a tendency to stay on the lips for hours, even after eating or drinking! 

Overall, I think if I had to pick which lipstick I liked more, I would have to go for Mac Chatterbox! This is mostly because the colour is a lot more visible on it (although I do like the colour of Revlon Pink Sizzle) and it feels more nourishing and creamy on my lips. Even though it is around twice the price of Pink Sizzle, I do think that it is completely worth the money, and definitely worth the investment as I only really have to apply it once in a day as it has great staying power.

I really adore both lipsticks however, and would definitively recommend both!

I hope you all enjoyed this type of post, and got to see how each lipstick looked both off and on the lips. 

Do you own either of these lipsticks? If so, which do you like better?

Also, would you rather go drugstore, or high end with your lipsticks?

Thank you for reading,

Olivia xo

16 comments:

  1. Ooo both look so pretty on you! I much prefer drugstore lipsticks, Im way too stingy haha! xx

    http://sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetie, and I'm like that most of the time! When other people are buying for me it's fine, but when it's my own money I'm like no it's too much x

      Delete
  2. I don't know why but I never feel sorry for spending so much money on lipstick when buying MAC one. They're simply the best and worth every penny!
    Speaking about drugstore lipstick, I developed a huge obsession with Bourjois. I haven't tried many of their products, however, every time I look for a particular lipppie I end up standing in front of Bourjois counter. Rouge Edition Velvets are my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I was looking at the Bourjois lipsticks and lipglosses the other day, and the velvety particularly caught my eye! Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely have to try one out! X

      Delete
  3. Chatterbox looks lovely on you ! Pink sizzle is very pretty too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they both look kind of the same in my photos, but very different in real life :-)

      Delete
  4. The Revlon colour is so pretty! Thats a shame you have to keep applying it. Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I know but that is the only negative really! And yes I will definitely check out your post as I love fashion posts x

      Delete
  5. I love revlon lipsticks and that is such a pretty colour and perfect dupe for the Mac one
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Revlon one looks stunning *heart eyes emoji*

    Jess @ JuicyyyJesss*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both look gorgeous on you! I love Revlon for the quality and price, but Mac is just so tempting! Good job you got both 😏 haha!

    www.makemeupmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I agree I like to buy a mix of drugstore and high end as I don't always have the money for Mac but I love it so much so it's difficult not to buy more Mac! X

      Delete
  8. Both lipsticks are so pretty!
    Alicia :)
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10