Netflix Favourites Continued

Friday, 14 August 2015

Hello Again, 

A while ago now, I posted about my Netflix favourites and you all seemed to really enjoy reading about what I was loving to watch. So, here I am again with more favourites from Netflix that I have recently been watching and really enjoying...

Photo From-http://laughingsquid.com/orange-is-the-new-black-a-netflix-original-series-based-on-the-book-by-former-convict-piper-kerman/

Orange is the New Black
This is a series that I have literally been obsessed with over the past few weeks. When I first heard about it, I really wasn't very sure that it was my thing but after just watching the first episode I knew I loved it.  Orange is the New Black tells the story of Piper who becomes an inmate at a women's prison, and the series explores Pipers relationships with those around her and those she left behind outside of prison. I really love the comedy aspect to this series, and also how the supporting characters all have very interesting back-stories that are developed over the course of the episodes.

Photo From-http://chatterbox.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c86d053ef016305f559ed970d-popup

Lost in Translation
Again, when I first saw this film on Netflix I really wasn't very sure that I would be a fan. But upon watching it, I actually enjoyed it and loved how different it was from anything I have ever watched before. The storyline revolves around two lost souls who meet in Tokyo due to very different circumstances, yet come together and form a very unlikely bond. Overall, it is a heartwarming story that I would definitely watch it again, and would also definitely recommend.

Photo From-http://cleareyesfullshelves.com/blog/stream-it-how-i-live-now

How I live now
This was just a movie that I put on as a bit of background noise whilst I did some school work the other day. However, the school work didn't end up getting done because I was too drawn in by the story of this compelling film. It centres around an American teenager who goes to stay with her cousins in England amidst the growing threat of World War Three. The film itself is a bit somber and in some parts rather disturbing, but on the whole it was pretty good and I'm glad I watched it.

Photo From-http://funmozar.com/despicable-me-2/

The Returned
I have only watched a few episodes of this series due to my growing obsession with Orange is the New  Black, but from the few episodes that I have watched, I can tell I want to see the rest of the series and will get round to watching it eventually! It's pretty confusing to start with, and I guess that I need to continue watching in order to get a proper grasp on what is happening, but the plot centres around a town where those who were thought to be dead start to return. I have heard quite a few people say really good things about this series, so I know that I need to continue watching and find out what is actually happens.

Photo From-http://uk.newonnetflix.info/info/80037657/s

Despicable Me 2
Despite everything, I still love a good kids film and when I saw that this had come onto Netflix not long ago I was pretty happy. I saw this at the cinema when it first came out a few years ago, and was really excited to watch it again as it's just such a sweet and funny film to watch. If you haven't seen it, then it pretty much continues on from the first film- Gru is now a doting father to his three adopted children and has given up his criminal ways. But when given the chance to try and save the world, he jumps at the chance and a lot of funny adventures ensue. Obviously, my favourite part of the film was probably the minions though!

I hope you all enjoyed reading through some more of my Netflix Favourites, and hopefully it gave you all some ideas on things to watch in future! Comment below and tell me what films and series you are currently watching on Netflix!

Thanks for reading,

Olivia xo

16 comments:

  1. I haven't actually watched anything that you've mentioned so you have given me some things to watch next! I would recommend watching Orphan Black - it's so good :)

    www.makinglifeacamera.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to watch Orphan Black, so thank you for reminding me about it- I have heard a lot of good things about It! X

      Delete
  2. I love how I live now! A bit of a throwback but I'm currently loving Prison Break xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you for the suggestion, I will have to give it a watch x

      Delete
  3. Orange Is The New Black is amazing! Definitely going to have a watch of the ones I haven't already seen :) x
    Elise @ Peonies in Paris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I'm not completely up to date with it yet and have just finished season 2 so need to watch the rest! X

      Delete
  4. I am obsessed with Orange Is The New Black! I can't wait for the new season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, I really need to watch season three! X

      Delete
  5. I love Orange Is The New Black <3
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of intrigued by How I Live, I may have to give that a watch tonight! Also, what did you think of OITNB season 3? I loved 1 and 2, but I never got past the 3rd episode of 3 because I found it really boring!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a watch, it's a pretty intriguing film! And I'm only just finishing off with season 2 of oitnb so I will have to let you know how I find season 3 x

      Delete
  7. Lovely post , I found this very useful and I really want to watch Orange is the new black xxx

    vintagefleurx.blogspot.co.uk


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go- I was unsure of whether I would like it, but I really glad I watched it now! X

      Delete
  8. I didn't enjoy despicable me 2 as much as the first so maybe I should re watch it! Great reviews x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow aha I like the second more that the first but I guess that is just me! Yes I would definitely give it another watch if I were you! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10