Naked Basics 2 Palette

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

If you follow me on Twitter (@ORedfern1) you will know that I have recently purchased the Naked Basics 2 palette by Urban Decay. This is the first Naked Palette that I have ever bought, but I have desperately wanted to get one for ages after seeing endless reviews and posts about them.

So in this post, I thought I would just tell you all a little about this palette,and also show you a look that I have created by using the shades included.


The shades featured in this palette are:
1. Skimp
2. Stark
3. Frisk
4. Cover
5. Primal
6. Undone

I chose this Naked Basics over the first one as I thought the shades in it were more appropriate for the sort of nude, smokey looks that I like to create on a daily basis. All of the shades are matte and are mostly light brown tones, with one darker, shadowy shade (undone) and a highlighter (skimp).


To create the look that I have featured above, I firstly dabbed skimp across my eyelids, into the inner corner of my eyes, and over my brow bones. Then, I applied some more nude shades to my lids, (frisk to near my inner corners, and primal into the crease of my eyelids). Finally, to create the perfect smokey look, I dabbed a slight bit of undone into my crease (but only a bit as it is quite dark) and blended it in. Then, I also applied a little under my eyes, on my waterline, just to finish off the whole look.

As well as using my Naked Palette here, I also lined my eyes with my Soap and Glory Supercat pen and put some of my Benefit They're Real mascara on my lashes.


Above is the final look altogether. This is just more of an everyday look that I have created with the palette, but you can also use it to create both lighter looks or darker looks for going out of a night time etc...

I hope you enjoyed this sort of post, as I really loved making and showing you the look that I created with this palette! Also, if you haven't got this palette, or was like me and a newbie to Urban Decay palettes as a whole, I would totally recommend this as it is great to create all sorts of looks and is cheaper than the original palettes (£23 vs the original £38) if you don't want to go all out at once. However, in the future I would definitely want to get one of the other original Naked palettes now, as from just using this product a couple of times I can already tell how much I love it, and how good the quality of it is.

Thank you for reading...
And don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin for updates whenever I post- https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/olivia-redfern-14068335

Olivia xo


12 comments:

  1. I love this palette! It is definitely my most used! I think I'm about to hit pan on Frisk!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it has so many good colours that you can use for any look! And oh wow :-) I love frisk too so I will probably be the same xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like a gorgeous palette! I have the original urban decay naked palette and I adore it. You should try Zoeva palettes they're fairly cheap and amazing quality xo
    www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I would never think to look to Zoeva for palettes so thank you for telling me as I will definitely look into them now xx

      Delete
  3. you look so pretty and I love Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes :) x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look is gorgeous - I'm always torn between which naked basics palette to get and you've swayed me with this one xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great! And it's great to know that I have helped you with your palette decision :-)

      Delete
  5. I've been debating buying this for a whole, it looks lovely on you by the way!

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was debating for ages too, I didn't know which palette to get for weeks and thank you so much!! X

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful palette ! I feel kind of jealous :P i want a naked palette for ages ^_^

    xoxo Afrodite ~ BubblyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and it is really nice and definitely worth the money! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10