Benefit They're Real VS Roller Lash

Sunday, 9 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

They're Real or Roller Lash? Which one is better? Most people own one or the other, or maybe even both like I do, but there is definitely a lot of dispute over which of the two is better...


They're Real used to be my old faithful, my staple mascara, my best loved Benefit product. Yet, I would put definite emphasis on the 'used to be' in that quote. I loved the way it made my lashes look so full and long, and also how easy it was to apply. The brush was devine, just so easy to wiggle along my lashes to extend them to their full potential. It was easy to remove as well, or so I thought, and after a few scrubs with my cleanser it was sure to come off, even when I had slicked on coats for an evening out. Yes, this was my perfect mascara. The answer to all my questions. The product that I recommended to everyone...

But then, Roller Lash decided to arrive, and disrupt every positive thought that I had ever had about They're Real. It really made me question my love for one of the favourite beauty products...

It applied itself to my lashes even easier than They're Real, and it lengthened and curled them in just one stroke of the brush. It wasn't too clumpy, or not thick enough- it was just right, and managed to keep my lashes looking full and flawless all day long. And then at the end of the day when all I wanted was to be rid of my makeup, it just wiped off so easily. No dark clumps between my lashes. No panda eyes in the morning. To be honest, I could hardly believe what I was witnessing.

I already knew from past experience that Benefit liked to make and sell extremely good products. Yes, I knew that, and that was the quality that I thought I had found in my They're Real. But, with Roller Lash they completely raised their game altogether yet again.

I know some people are still faithful to They're Real, and yes in some ways I am too, and will continue to use this mascara in day to day use. But, I do feel myself gravitating towards purchasing the full sized Roller Lash (I currently only own the smaller, travel size) in the future. I wouldn't say that I am completely changed of my They're Real worshipping ways, but I am pretty much halfway there- it would seem that everything that They're Real could do for me, Roller Lash can do 10x better...

Obviously this is all only my opinion, but I would love to know what you think...

Do you prefer They're Real or Roller Lash, and most importantly why?

Thank you for Reading!

Olivia xo

12 comments:

  1. I've heard about the Rollarlash and it's totally going to be my next mascara! I'm using Babydoll by Barry M at the minute and that's amazing xx

    daneillelgreaves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try roller lash, it's very good! And ooh I have never thought to try a Barry M mascara but now I will have to look at Baby Doll, thank you for telling me about it x

      Delete
  2. I much prefer Roller Lash. They're Real is good too, but I hated how difficult it was to take off and found it a bit ridiculous to pay more for the specific remover. Definitely preferring the Roller Lash because of that and because it makes my eyes look brighter.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really annoyed me that you had to pay more money just to successfully remove it, when roller lash comes off so much easier! And yes, it does look so much better on the eyes x

      Delete
  3. I've always loved the look of these mascaras! Definitely going to purchase the Roller Lash mascara next paycheck xx

    http://monniiblogs.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both so pretty looking, as well as great to use! And that's a great choice x

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you did this post - I've heard good things about both and wasn't sure which one was better, I'm going to give roller lash a try :) xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm glad I could help you decide which one you wanted to try! X

      Delete
  5. I own the They're Real mascara and it is my absolute favourite but this post makes me want to give the Roller Lash mascara a try!
    Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like they're real, you should definitely try roller lash! It's so much easier to remove! X

      Delete
  6. Ooh I really need to try Roller Lash - it sounds amazing! Thanks for the fab review :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should go for it! And thank you, glad you enjoyed it! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10