Beauty Review - Gimme Brow

Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

My eyebrows are one of the main parts of my beauty routine, so I have to make sure the products I'm using work well and are of a good quality. Up to now, most of the time I have been using Soap&Glory Archery to colour in, and shape my brows but I have recently been on the look out for something else. Something that looks a little subtler, and is easier to use on an everyday basis, especially when I want to get ready quickly for school as my Archery pen is sometimes a little time consuming.

That's where Gimme Brow comes into the equation. I was in my local Boots store, and just browsing the Benefit counter when I spotted it. It looked good, but nothing like I have ever tried before- up until now I have merely been using pencils and eyeshadows to fill in my brows, and never a brush product. I was dubious over whether I should spend £18.50, but I knew every Benefit product that I had had before was pretty great, and had lasted well. So, therefore, I went for it and purchased the light/medium shade as the dark was really really dark (too dark even for my brows).



As soon as I got home, I proceeded to try the product out in a whirl of excitement. Gimme Brow helpfully comes with a little instructions guide within the box, so upon reading that I knew that I had to just brush on a little to create a natural look, and brush on more for a rather defined look. 

To start with, I just brushed some of the product into the arch of my brow to shape and define it in a natural way, and this only took a few brush coats to achieve the desired shade. I then also brushed it lightly over my inner brows just to finish of the natural look. 

The colour really suits my brows, and it works perfectly to create a natural look that is just that bit more defined, and neater than leaving my brows void of any product. I'm so happy at how quick it is to apply- just a couple of brush strokes and I'm pretty much ready to go!



However, I wouldn't wear this if I were to go out anywhere special (for a meal ect) as it is, like I said earlier, pretty much just a product used to create a natural look on an everyday basis. It is perfect to pair with a subtle makeup look, and I will definitely be using it when I go back to school and when I go on holiday in the future, as I feel as though it would be perfect to wear in the heat when I don't want any heavy makeup on my skin.

Have you tried Gimme Brow? If not, what brow products do you use? Please comment below and let me know as I love to find out what products you like to use!

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Gimmie Brow yet but I'm quite tempted! I use the Eyelure Brow Crayon at the moment which is great value but also quite time consuming!!

    Lauren | aestheticalblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it, it is really good even though it is slightly pricey! And ohh that sounds good but I know what you mean about time consuming aha I feel like I spend half my life doing my eyebrows x

      Delete
  2. I really love the gimme brow, I completely agree that it gives a more natural look (which I am definitely a fan of)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, sometimes it's nice just to have more natural looking brows :-)

      Delete
  3. Benefit gimme brow is my favourite! I use it every day without fail. Great review!

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs
    www.lifestyleandlaffs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, good to know someone else loves this product! X

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting to try this for a while, but similar and cheaper products I use are l'oreal brow plumper and rimmel brow this way, i like using these on their own or on top of other brow products to set them!
    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to try the loreal brow plumper but they didn't have it so I got gimme brow Instead! X

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this but I've tried and own the dupe, the Maybelline brow drama. It looks really similar to the Maybelline one! Amazing photos by the way xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I will have to take a look at the Maybelline one, and thank you! X

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried it yet because I naturally have such full brows and the added fibers in this formula kind of put me off. I'm glad to know you found it to look quite natural, I may have to give it a go because normally I love Benefit products.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be okay with full brows, as mine are pretty thick too but it really does keep them natural looking still! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10