Base Coverage for Spot-Prone Skin

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Hello Again,

My skin isn't great, but hey I'm a teenager and at the end of the day I keep it as clean as I possibly can-not like it makes any difference to when my spots decide to appear and disappear. Therefore, when I go out I have to create a pretty full coverage look with my makeup in order to mask the redness and the big, fat blemishes! (I know a lot of people will say it's making my skin worse that I wear a lot of makeup, but my skin problems are hormone related as many teenager's are, and I only wear makeup when I go out).


Today, I just wanted to talk through the makeup products that I use to create my everyday coverage look, and explain how I apply them. I was going to also include images of how my skin looked before and after, but right now I'm in the middle of a pretty bad break out, so I thought I would save you all from seeing that...

Firstly, I will cleanse my skin with the Garnier Micellar Water, and then I moisturise with one of my many moisturisers (it seems to vary in which one I use from day to day). Next, I dab some of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer onto the reddest areas of my skin, and those with the most visible pores. Then using a foundation brush I just also dab the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation all over my face making sure any excess is blended in with my Real Techniques Beauty Sponge. 

Using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, I then proceed to cover up the red patches around my nose, chin and t-zone, before also blending this in with my foundation brush and beauty sponge. Next up I finish off covering over any blemishes, redness or darkness under my eyes with my Benefit Boing Concealer, which I apply using a thin concealer brush (this has amazing coverage, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has combination skin like my own!)

To finish of my base, I will just lightly brush some of the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder all over my face-not using to much though as I don't want to clog up my pores all that much.

And that's all there really is to it! Quite often though, it does take me a while to thouroughly mask the blemishes and I do have to reapply my concealer during the day, but on the most part these products create a pretty decent coverage look. Using all these products together also creates a look that doesn't feel too heavy on my skin, so I feel happy and comfortable wearing it for hours.

Thank you for Reading,

Olivia xo

10 comments:

  1. I really want to try the smash box primer! I've read quite a few positive reviews on it!

    p.s love your blog x
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it-I bought the smaller version amongst the Try It Kit first to make sure that I liked it! And thank you! X

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to try the smash box primer for a while now, I've heard nothing but good things about it! Xo

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is-it may be on the pricey side but I would say it is worth it! X

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! I love my rimmel match perfection but do want to try other powders out, is that bourjois one worth the extra pennies? x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes I would say that it is definitely worth the extra money. Don't get me wrong I love the Rimmel powders, but the Bourjois is definitely a great buy too as you don't need to apply a lot of it to get good coverage and a matte complexion x

      Delete
  4. This is a fab post! You've spoken about so many products I want to try, especially the smashbox primer, I've read quite a few good reviews on it so I may have to try and get my hands on that! Also would really love to try the bourjois powder, I'm a lover of there healthy mix foundation!
    Love Lauren,

    www.laurenshh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Smashbox primer is really good, and so is the Bourjois powder - they are both definitely worth the money! And thank you! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10