Bargain Brushes...

Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

As you can probably tell, throughout the holidays I am trying to get a post up on my blog everyday. This is for two reasons- one, I'm getting back on track with my blog again, and two, I have a lot more free time in the holidays as I don't have as much school work to do etc...

Anyway, today I thought I would talk about brushes, as this is something I don't believe I have previously mentioned on my blog. That said, makeup brushes form a vital part of my makeup routine, so it's only fair that I mention them- however the brushes that I'm mentioning today are not your normal Real Techniques or Zoeva brush posts. These brushes are ones that I have found at a much cheaper price than the more frequently mentioned ones, but at the same time they have still all been made to a high quality and still all get the job done!



1Brushes Set- Jack Wills but bought from Boots- These were bought by my Mum for me as a Christmas present, and she believes that they were in the region of £15 to £20. Also, they came with a Jack Wills case, which I find very handy to put brushes in when I'm travelling, but I haven't included it in the above photos. The brushes themselves aren't the best in terms of softness, but they all still do the job, and are all still good value for money considering you get all three brushes and a case.

2Blusher Brushes- Wilkinsons- I believe both of these brushes were around the £2 mark, which is a price that I believe to be seriously good for such brushes. They were packaged away when I bought them, with no testers out to see how they felt, so getting them was a bit of a gamble as I hadn't heard any reviews of them but for such a low price, I just went for it. 

I turns out though, that these brushes are incredible!They are super duper soft (like so so so soft) and are great to just apply things like blusher and powder. Therefore, whenever I just need to buy a brush on the spur of the moment again, I will definitely be going for these beauties.

3. Foundation and Concealer Brush- Wilkinsons- I think that these were also around the £3, but the foundation brush may have been a bit more. Even so, I still believe that that is a great price for such products. Yes, they are basically just copies of Real Techniques brushes and yes, they might not be as good as Real Techniques brushes but in all honesty they still do they job...

They apply my makeup well, which is key in foundation and concealer brushes and they also wash well which is a definite positive point! As with the other brushes that I purchased from Wilkinsons, I will definitely be purchasing these brushes again!

So there are some of my opinions on the cheaper brushes out there- I hope I have at least shown some of you other options for brushes to buy when you don't have tons of money to spend.

Thank you for reading, and if you have any ideas of topics or products you want me to discuss feel free to email me or dm me via Twitter (all contact details are on my about page).

Also, if any of you want to collab in the future, please get in contact with me as I'm open to teaming up with new people!

Olivia xo

16 comments:

  1. lovely post! It's so amazing:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these brushes in wilkos not too long ago, was debating buying them but the price put me off, I thought there must be a reason why they're so cheap. I'm so glad they're good! I'll be buying them! Xx
    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I thought they would be useless but just went for it and I'm so glad i did! They are really good and they have lasted months and are still in great condition! X

      Delete
  3. Wait, are you just starting your holidays right now?! I'm starting school in 21 days ;S Time pass way too fast!

    Xo, Sitara | Desiphora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No aha I have been off for nearly three weeks already but I only just back on my blog again this week as I went away :-) I go back to school in 21 days too! X

      Delete
  4. Buying brushes really changed everything for me. My favorites are Sigma's and Real Techniques!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love real techniques to, although the Wilkinsons brushes are a good cheaper alternative :-)

      Delete
  5. This is so fun to read, thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other’s blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you’s like to so I can follow you right back x

    kisses
    http://www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!and yes I would love to follow you - I think I already follow you on Bloglovin but I will follow your blog as well x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, and I will definitely check out the giveaway it sounds great! X

      Delete
  7. I love the stripes on the Jack Wills brushes, pity they weren't the softest though!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are so cute! They are okay but not as soft as other brushes that I have tried :-( x

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10