Baking - Vanilla Cupcakes

Monday, 10 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

Another baking post, I know. But, as it's the holidays I have more time at home and more free time in general to bake. Today, I baked some cupcakes and seeing as a lot of you liked my baking post the other day (), I thought it would be nice to create another post telling you how I made these cakes.

I got this recipe from 'Cupcake From the Primrose Bakery' which is a book that you can see below, and I just used the basic Vanilla Cupcakes recipe and also the Vanilla Buttercream recipe...



To make the Cupcakes:

Ingredients:
110g butter
225g caster sugar
2 eggs
150g self-raising flour
125g plain flour
120ml semi-skimmed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence

Method: 
1. First I preheated the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4, and then I lined a 12-hole baking tray with cupcake cases.
2. Next, in a large mixing bowl I creamed together the caster sugar and butter until the mixture was smooth. I then added the eggs one at a time, and mixed well after each addition.
3. After combining the two flours in another bowl, I put the milk and vanilla into a measuring jug. 
4. I then added one third of the flour to the creamed mixture and beat it well, before also adding one third of the milk and beating again. This was something I repeated until all of the flour and milk was added to the creamed mixture, and all beaten well together.
5. This part isn't in the recipe in the book, but next I added a few teaspoons of strawberry jam to the mixture just to add a bit more flavour and texture to it. I then swirled this into the mixture so it was mostly combined.
6. Next, I spooned the mixture into the cupcake cases and put them in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
7. Upon removing the cakes from the oven, I left them to cool for a while before I proceeded to put any icing on top.


To make the Buttercream:

Ingredients:
110g butter
60ml semi-skimmed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence 
500g icing sugar 

Method:
1. In a large mixing bowl, I beat together the butter, milk, vanilla and half of the icing sugar until the mixture was smooth.
2. Then, I gradually added in the rest of the icing sugar until the buttercream kept its form, but was still smooth and creamy.
3. Next, I spooned dollops of the buttercream on to the tops of each cake and then smoothed it around with a knife.

As you can tell from my photos, I then sprinkled some pink sprinkles on top- but it's really up to you what you put on top, or if you leave them without further decoration.


Well, that's how I made the Vanilla Cupcakes pictured above. I hope you enjoyed another baking post, and if you have any recipes that you think I might like to try in future, leave them in the comments!

Thank you for reading,

Olivia xo

Follow me on Twitter- @ORedfern1
Follow me on Instagram- @oredfern1
Follow me on Bloglovin (I'm nearly at 900 followers!)- https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/olivia-redfern-14068335

18 comments:

  1. These look so yummy, Olivia! I need to re-create :)
    ~xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, yes you should definitely try them x

      Delete
  2. They look rather scrummy.. I'm now craving cake haha!

    http://sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) and ahahah oops sorry! X

      Delete
  3. You're on a roll Olivia! These look so cute, you're making me want to bake now :)

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :-) and aww glad you enjoyed reading!

      Delete
  4. those cupcakes look absolutely lovely- especially with those pink sprinkles!!
    xx
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious! Think I might have to take a cheat day in my sugar free diet oopsy.
    x Aimee / abronzedbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And ooh one day off won't hurt! :-) x

      Delete
  6. These look amazing, thank you for sharing!

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious, loving the pink sprinkles on top! xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I immediately started craving cupcakes, haven't baked in a while so I might just try this recipe out in the weekend; they look very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try them out-they are really fun to bake and pretty easy to make as well :-)

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10