Baking-Marble Cake

Monday, 24 August 2015

Hello Again, 

I thought I would just share one more baking post before I go back to school in a few days, as when I go back I most likely won't have the time to bake for a while. This time I thought I would make some marble cake using a recipe I came across on the BBC Good Food Website recently, as I really like marble cake but had never ventured to make it myself before...


Ingredients-
225g butter
225g caster sugar
4 eggs
225g self-raising flour
2tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp cocoa powder

Method-
1. First, I heated the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4, and lined a cake tin with baking paper (I used a long tray bake cake tin for mine).
2. Then, I creamed together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl before adding the eggs one at a time, and mixing well after each addition.
3. Next I folded in the flour and added in the milk and vanilla, stirring well again to make sure everything was mixed together properly.
4. Then, I poured half of the mixture into a separate bowl and stirred the cocoa powder into that bowl. I also added a few chocolate chips to that bowl as well (it's not in the recipe to do this, and you don't really have to but I thought it might add a little bit extra to the cake).
5. Next, I alternately spooned the two different mixtures into the cake tin before mixing them around so the mixture was evenly spread. Using a skewer I then swirled around the mixture to help create the marbled effect.


6. The cake then went into the oven for 45-55 minutes- I left mine in for about 45, and just checked the inside was cooked by putting in a skewer and making sure it came out clean.
7. After leaving it to cool for a while, I took the cake out of the tin and cut it into 12 equal-ish pieces.
8. To finish off the cakes I then melted some chocolate and just drizzled it over the tops of the pieces (again, this isn't something that the recipe asks for but I thought it would just create more flavour!)

On the whole, this cake was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. And it tastes pretty good too-even if I do say so myself :-)

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post, and I hope it might give some of you inspiration to make it yourselves...

Thanks for Reading,

Olivia xo

Remember to follow me via Social Media-
Twitter-@oredfern1
Instagram-@oredfern1
Bloglovin-https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/olivia-redfern-14068335


18 comments:

  1. oh wow these literally look incredible, I need to make them!
    http://sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes you should definitely try them out!

      Delete
  2. This made me crave cake. It looks amazing! :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad i clicked onto your page and this was the first post, these look amazing! 100% going to have to try it out :)
    x

    icharlotteemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I have now got another viewer-it's so lovely to know you liked readings this post :-)

      Delete
  4. OOOOOOH this looks so yummy... and so easy! I've just bookedmark this recipe for my next baking day :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs
    www.lifestyleandlaffs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes they are really easy to bake! Ooh, you will have to let ,e know if you liked them once you baked them :-)

      Delete
  5. Oooo that looks so delicious =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marble cake is one of my absolute favourites and yours looks delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe! :)

    Sian x Cakey Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love marble cake too but hadn't tried to make it up until now!

      Delete
  7. That looks amazing! Thank you for sharing, I might have to try this!

    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you really should it's quite an easy recipe x

      Delete
  8. I love marble cake, I may have to try this recipe out and see whether it beats my Mum's! xx
    www.heyitscassxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try, not sure it will outdo your moms though! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10