Baking-Cute Cookies

Saturday, 15 August 2015

Hello Everyone,

Another baking post! However, I thought I would make the most of having the time to bake throughout the holidays-so today I made some more biscuits. These biscuits were made by using the same recipe in which I made my jammy dodgers the other day (http://oliviaredfern.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/baking-jammy-dodger-biscuits.html), because I honestly thought it was a great recipe, and it was really easy to read through and bake from!

Although today, I didn't make jammy dodgers, and I instead made cute little teapot biscuits! And below I will just quickly talk through how I made and decorated them...


To make the actual biscuits I just used the recipe from my other baking post (http://oliviaredfern.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/baking-jammy-dodger-biscuits.html),so head to that page if you want to have a read of that. All I changed was the fact that when I got to the rolling out the biscuit dough stage, instead of cutting out circles I cut out teapots using a teapot shaped cutter that I purchased from Hobbycraft. :-)


The image above shows what the cookies looked like upon leaving the oven-as you can see, they don't totally look like teapots yet but that's where the decorating comes in.


To decorate, I bought a pot of icing pens from Asda (you can probably pick them up in most supermarkets though) and some very pale blue roll out icing from Hobbycraft (again, you can probably also pick this up from many different shops and supermarkets).

After the biscuits had cooled, I rolled out my icing on a surface that was lightly dusted with icing sugar. I rolled the icing out so that it was reasonably thin, but not so thin that it would tear, and cut it out using the teapot cutter.

To stick the icing to the biscuit, I just dotted some icing from my icing pens onto a couple of points on the biscuit. I then carefully placed the icing on top, making sure it was smooth and completely covering the biscuit.

With my icing pens, I then just drew on a handle for the teapot, as well as a lid of sorts. Also, I just doodled on some other squiggles and a flower in the centre just to fill in the space on the icing and finish off the overall design. 

Well, that's how I made and decorated my teapot biscuits! I hope you all like them and maybe feel inspired to make some yourself!

Thank you again for reading,

Olivia xo

Remember to follow me via social media-
Twitter-@oredfern1
Instagram-@oredfern1
Bloglovin-https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/olivia-redfern-14068335



14 comments:

  1. These look amazing! Thanks for sharing. Gemma xx www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, glad you liked them! X

      Delete
  2. These are so cute and look amazing
    Thankyou for sharing
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so pretty, I need to make some!

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should definitely try them, as they are pretty fun to make and even nicer to eat! X

      Delete
  4. nice :) happy Sunday!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really cute! I want to make some myself now! Xx

    lifewithadash.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I couldn't resist making them once I bought the cookie cutter! X

      Delete
  6. These cakes are so cute, I'm going to save the recipe and make them myself!

    Milly |
    http://millylovesmakeup00.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable!! I am definitely going to try these! I can't get over how cute they are. You decorated them so well! I'm a sucker for all this tea related...

    freeformhappiness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, and same it's all just so cute! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10