Review- Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Hello Everybody,

Today I will be reviewing a product that I have wanted to buy for such a long time but have only just got round to purchasing - that product being the Barry M Nail Paint. I have never actually owned a Barry M beauty product, let alone one of their nail polishes, but after seeing them featured so many times in magazines, and recommended so many times in other blogs I decided to finally get one.

The particular Barry M nail polish that I purchased was the Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint in the colour Speed Demon, which is a lovely light pink with added shimmer.



I firstly want to say that I really like the packaging of these nail varnishes- they are really sweet and compact bottles that are easy to pop in your bag when you go out or if you are travelling. I also really like the black and white checkered pattern on the Speedy range of polishes as it adds that extra bit of flare to the packaging, and helps them to stand out clearly on the shelf amongst the masses of other nail polishes and their brands. 

On to reviewing the actual product though, and I can honestly say that I have all positive points about this polish...

I love the brush in this polish- it is a really great shape and size and helps the polish apply to the nail very easily, which is always obviously a positive for me.

The colour of the polish is so pretty- it is a quite light pink which I really love anyway, but I feel like the shimmer just adds that something more to it. I usually apply two coats to see the colour at its full potential, but I think one coat would look nice as well if you didn't want anything too bright on your nails, and just a bit of a shine.



The polish itself is great quality- I was pretty dubious whether the actual polish would be any good for £3.99, but as soon as applied this product I realised I had been wrong to be so doubtful. It actually stays on my nails extremely well and when I wear it, even after a few days, I can't see any chips when I haven't even applied a topcoat . This leaves me very impressed with the value for money- I have paid a lot more for polishes before and they have almost immediately chipped.

It really does dry quickly- when a nail polish normally says that it dries quickly, I just expect it to be a lie and a bit of myth that just helps to sell the product. But in the case of this nail polish, I actually think the claim seems to be true. Even with two coats of polish it dried super quickly which is always helpful as I suspect myself, and many others hate waiting for nail polish to dry and then smudging it etc.

I generally can't currently find any negatives to this particular product. However, this is only my first Barry M nail polish, so I will have to try some more to see if they all live up to the very high standard of this one!

I hope you found this post helpful, and thank you for reading :-)

Olivia xo

P.S. Thank you for 200 Bloglovin followers, and now nearly 300 and all your lovely comments on my other blog posts, it means a lot! 

16 comments:

  1. This post is AWESOME,the nail polish sounds sooo good! I've been wanting to try these for a long time too actually! andd congratulations on the followers gurl!!! You absolutely deserve it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great polish! And thank you so much, it means a lot for you to be so kind xo

      Delete
    2. Yeah it sounds like it!! Honestly such a good review! Props x

      And NAW that means so much!! It's all true,you're incredible! Have a great day xxxxx

      Delete
  2. That color is beautiful! I love pale pinks.

    www.lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and same here, I love light, pretty shades. X

      Delete
  3. Very pretty neutral color and for a great price! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) and no problem, thank you for reading x

      Delete
  4. ohhh I llike a quick dry polish, no patience makes my freshly done manicure look all dodgy so this would help :D

    congrats on so many followers!

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no patience either and this nail polish is a big help to me! And thank you :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aha thank you :-) I always think they are bony and weird!

      Delete
  6. Hi Olivia,
    I love Barry M Nail Paints, I am slightly obsessed with Nail polishes the Barry M ones are a favourite of mine.
    I also recently got 2 of the speedy barry m nail polishes the pale blue which is called Eat My Dust (I'm in love with this colour) and the mint green colour which is called Road Rage. I wanted to try the pink as well but when I went to my local boots they had none left in stock :-(. I'll have to see if i can pick it up next time. You should try some of the different Barry M Nail Paints you won't be disappointed and If you have a Primark near you there are some gorgeous Nail polishes in there for summer and there only 80p.
    Thanks for the follow.
    Look out for my Review on Barry M Speedy Nail Paints I will be doing that soon.

    Andrea
    https://beautywithandrea36.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olivia,
    I love Barry M Nail Paints, I am slightly obsessed with Nail polishes the Barry M ones are a favourite of mine.
    I also recently got 2 of the speedy barry m nail polishes the pale blue which is called Eat My Dust (I'm in love with this colour) and the mint green colour which is called Road Rage. I wanted to try the pink as well but when I went to my local boots they had none left in stock :-(. I'll have to see if i can pick it up next time. You should try some of the different Barry M Nail Paints you won't be disappointed and If you have a Primark near you there are some gorgeous Nail polishes in there for summer and there only 80p.
    Thanks for the follow.
    Look out for my Review on Barry M Speedy Nail Paints I will be doing that soon.

    Andrea
    https://beautywithandrea36.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have seen the blue 'eat my dust' colour and I really want it! I will definitely be trying the nail polishes again, thanks for the advice :-) and no problem! X

      Delete
  8. I've seen a few reviews on this shade and I'm so desperate to buy it! It's my perfect pink haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely, you should definitely get it! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10