Top 5 Spring/Summer Nail Polishes

Thursday, 21 May 2015

Hello,

I have a real love of nail polishes and they are probably the first makeup products I remember buying and saving up my money for.

I especially love buying nail polishes for spring/summer, as you can always find such lovely bright colours that you couldn't get away with wearing so much in the winter months.

So, I thought I would share with you the 5 nail polishes that I am currently loving.






Essie Watermelon- £7.99- I have had this colour for about a year, but I tend to only get it out in the summer as it is a rather bright,dark pink. It looks so nice with a bit of a tan and actually applies really easily for a dark polish-I normally find you can see all the little leakages and mistakes. Most Essie nail polishes are really good quality products, and Watermelon is no exception-some people may think £7.99 is a bit steep for a nail polish, but I honestly believe this brand is worth every penny.

Topshop ButterMilk -£5- I actually bought this colour last autumn as I really wanted to try a Topshop nail polish as I had heard so many good things about them. I didn't really think about the colour at the time, I just picked a nude shade that would be versatile all year-and it is versatile all year, but I think it looks especially nice now that spring is here and summer is approaching. Also, I wasn't disappointed with the quality of Topshop nail varnishes either- they apply just as well as other brands that are sometimes more expensive.


Essie Play Date- £7.99- Another Essie nail polish, I know. But I honestly do really like Essie nail polishes-my Mum first bought me one for my birthday a few years back and since then I have been hooked. Play Date is another Essie staple that is yet again a great quality, and a beautiful bright colour that is prefect for this time of year.

Limited Collection Bright Coral- £4- I never really thought about Marks and Spencer's as a leading brand for nail polishes, but when my Mum bought me this a few weeks ago (yes, my Mum buys me a lot of nail polishes, as she knows she can't go wrong by buying me them) I realised that they actually sell really good quality products for a reasonably low price. This particular polish is a nice subtle orange that isn't too bright or sickly as some orange polishes can be. It is also ' Gel Shine' which I found quite intriguing when I first received it- however when I applied it I realised this just made it a little bit shinier and smoother than a regular polish.

OPI I just can't Cope-a cabana-£12.50- I adore yellow nail polishes in the summer, and when this particular one was released with OPI's Brazil collection last summer I just had to get it. OPI is another brand that I love- yes, they are quite expensive, but the polishes themselves are to such a good quality, and last such a long time without getting clogged up that I believe they are worth their price. This particular yellow didn't disappoint on the colour side of things either, as it is just a bright and summery as I expected and looks seriously good with a tan. 

Well, those are my 5 Favourite Nail Polishes for Spring/Summer.

Comment below and tell me which nail polishes and brands you are currently loving...

Olivia xo

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow - I love the shade of the topshop nail varnish! Great picks!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know, it looks lovely when it's on. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love Essie polishes, that one looks so pretty!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, their one of the brands I swear by xx

      Delete
  3. Essie 'Play Date' <3 soo pretty

    www.glamblink.blogspot.com

    Klaudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I know, it's so cute especially at this time of year! Xx

      Delete
  4. I really like the Topshop Buttermilk, I'll have to pick one up tomorrow!
    http://www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, I'm sure you'll love it :-) x

      Delete
  5. Love the essie watermelon nail polish shade!

    www.abitofemilyx.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I know it's so cute isn't it!

      Xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, it's such a lovely summery colour!

      Xx

      Delete
  7. I love Essie nail polishes! My favorite is lilacism! So pretty!

    https://intomyjeans.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, the colours are all so pretty! And my friend has lilac ism and everyone always comments her on how lovely it is! X

      Delete
  8. Love that bright pink and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As you can tell, i love bright nail varnish! X

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10