My Everyday Makeup Routine

Saturday, 23 May 2015

Hello,

Today I thought I would share my Everyday Makeup Rountine with you, as I enjoy reading this sort of post myself and thought it would be fun to try out. In this post I am featuring the makeup that I wear for day to day use (e.g. When I go shopping, when I go to school etc..)



Face

Firstly, I start by giving my skin a quick clean with either a makeup wipe or with some micellar water. I then dab some Maybelline Baby Skin Primer (£7.99) under my eyes, on my t zone and on my nose (generally in the areas that have the most pores and that need a bit of a boost). I then pop some Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (£6.99) on my hand and apply it just as you would with foundation, using a foundation brush. I use BB cream instead of foundation, as I find it just generally works better with my skin-it is lighter and doesn't make me break out, but this may be completely different in other people's cases. Next, I dot some Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Cool Medium (£4.19) under my eyes, and in any areas that are looking a bit red or tired-I then also brush this in using a foundation brush. I then use my Benefit Boing Concealer (£17.50)to just cover up any blemishes I have- I apply this with a thin concealer brush. After that, I just give my face a quick brush of Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (£3.99) in Transparent. You can probably tell that I really like this powder as it is starting to run out, and there is now a whole circle missing in the middle of the pot. The final product that I use on my face is the Bourjois Bronzer and Highlighter Duo (£7.99). From this, I mostly just use the bronzer side but sometimes I also use the highlighter to add a hint of shine to my cheeks.


Eyes

Firstly, on my eyes I apply my eyeliner- I know some people put eyeshadow on first but I just do it the other way round for some reason. I normally only use eyeliner when I have the time to do so and can be bothered, and when I do apply it I use the Soap and Glory Supercat (£6). Like many other people, I know the struggles of applying eyeliner- some days I can do perfect cat eye flicks, and then some days it just all goes wrong and I instead just draw a thin line of liner to help define my eyes. Then, I apply my eyeshadow. I use the Bourjois Smokey Stories Quad (£7.99) and when applying I usually start with the lightest brown shade and build up to end with dabbing a little of the central glittery shadow on my eyelids. To finish off my eyes, I just sweep on some Benefit They're Real Mascara (£19.50).


Eyebrows and Lips

To add the finishing touches to my everyday makeup look, I colour in my eyebrows with Soap and Glory Archery in the shade Brownie Points (£10.00). I really love this product as it lets me shade in my eyebrows whilst keeping them looking natural still. In this product there is a brow tint brush you use first and then a setting/precision pencil that you use after. Finally, for my lips, I normally just apply a lipgloss that looks quite natural but adds a bit of colour- in this case Benefit Bella Bamba (£14.50) is perfect. However, I'm not sure whether Benefit stock this product everywhere anymore, as I haven't seen it in Boots lately.

Well, there's my Everyday Makeup Routine. I hope you enjoyed reading about it, and comment below to tell me what sort of products you like to use :-)

Olivia xo

4 comments:

  1. this was fun to read! i have been thinking of redoing my makeup routine lately and this gives me some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you lovely comment and thank you for reading! Xx

      Delete
  2. I use the Collection concealer as well, it's so good! Enjoyed reading this post, I love to have a nosy at other peoples makeup routines!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it covers my dark circles under my eyes so well! And thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10