Current Netflix Favourites

Thursday, 28 May 2015

Hello Everyone,

I regard my blog to probably be a lifestyle blog, as it isn't just sorely about one topic. I mostly post about fashion and beauty, but I really want to start creating more lifestyle based post as I'm also interested in writing in that field. So today I thought I would talk about a topic that is quite readily associated with lifestyle- Netflix. 

In this post, I will just be talking through five of my current favourite things on Netflix UK- I understand that not everyone has Netflix, but most of the things I am going to talk about today are movies that are shown on TV and that you can watch on DVD etc. 

 

There is only one TV show currently in my favourite things to watch on Netflix, and that is Pretty Little Liars. I have tried and tested other TV series, but I have never been able to get into them like I have with this show. I began watching it early on in the year and got completely up to date about a month ago...

The show is about a group of girls, whose friend and ring leader Alison goes missing. Around a year later a body is found which the police identify as Alison. But then, the girls start getting mysterious texts off someone known only as 'A', that threatens to expose some of their darkest secrets, secrets only Alison would have known. This leaves the girls wondering who this mysterious person is, and it leads them on all sorts of nerve-wracking adventures to find out once and for all.

I will admit, that some episodes are a little slow and not as great as others. But for the most part, I really enjoyed this series- it has many great plot twists and turns throughout and I can't wait until series 6 comes out soon.


I always used to think that Netflix didn't really have any great films, and was there sorely just for TV series. But lately, I have proved myself wrong by finding a whole host of movies that I actually really enjoyed. One of them in particular is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...

When Clementine decides to erase her painful breakup with Joel from her memory, he too decides to have the procedure done. We then get an insight into Joel's mind as he slowly loses all memory of Clementine, right up until the her last words of 'Meet me in Montauk'.

This film can be a little confusing, as it is mostly based around psychology and the way memories work. But at the same time, I think it is a really sweet love tale that arcs in the most beautiful way.



Another film that I have recently really enjoyed on Netflix is Sliding Doors, a film that was in fact recommended to me by my mum...

In this film, we see Helen's life from the different angles of whether she gets on a train or not. In both scenarios, we see Helen's life changed by love, work and all manner of other opportunities that show that a few seconds or a certain decision really can change your life.

I really like how this film plays the two scenarios of what could be, parallel to one another. The whole theme of the movie really makes you think, as we make so many minor decisions like getting on a train or not everyday without thinking about it, when they could in fact have a big effect on your life- probably not to the magnitude that this film makes out, but even so. I will definitely be watching this movie again, as it really is quite entertaining, and has many plot twists to keep you interested. 



Zombieland is probably one of my favourite comedy films and even though it has a storyline largely based on a zombie apocoloypse in America, it has lots of moments of great dark humour that will honestly make you laugh out loud...

This movie is about four survivors of a zombie apocalypse who meet and try to survive and fight against the zombies together, in order to reach a supposed safe haven theme park in Los Angeles.

I have seen this film a few times now and I love it more and more each time- the comedy, the zombies and one character's persistent search for the last Twinkie make it one of the best films on Netflix in my opinion.



Finally, another one of my current favourites on Netflix is 50/50. I wasn't sure I was going to like this film, what with the cancer sufferer storyline which can sometimes be really sad to watch, but I gave it a go anyway and I really liked what I saw...

Adam is only in his 20's when he gets told he has tumours on his spine. He tries to stay positive about his 50/50 survival chances, but eventually treatments and life begin to get him down. His relationships with those closest to him are then are put under strain, especially the one with his new therapist Katie.

Despite the fact that this film is predominantly about cancer, I found it rather heart warming. I think that more films should be made like this one , films that don't sugar-coat the illness and the effect it has on people and relationships. I will definitely be watching this movie again, as I personally think it is one of the best Netflix currently has to offer- a good old tear jerker with a sprinkling of comedy.


16 comments:

  1. I've never seen Sliding Doors or 50/50 but I love Pretty Little Liars and also really enjoyed Eternal Sunshine and Zombieland so I should probably give those other two a try -- you seem to have good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) and yes if you like Eternal Sunshine I think you will like Sliding Doors and 50/50

      Delete
  2. I love posts like these!
    It's so great finding new things to watch :)
    I recently saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time and I really liked it!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And me too, I love finding inspiration on what to watch and finding out what things other people like :-)

      Delete
  3. I love Pretty Little Liars and the Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind! You have a really nice blog, I'm following you now on bloglovin. Checkout my blog and if you like if follow me too. Let's keep in touch! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for your lovely comment and I will have a look at your blog and follow you too :-)

      Delete
  4. I am obsessed with PLL! Season 6 needs to hurry up!!
    www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Little Liars is the best TV show omg, i'm obsessed!
    Less than a week until season 6 woo!!

    Courtney | http://courtselizabeth.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading posts like this!

    www.mystictales.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love to find out what films and TV programmes people like to watch :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi I'm Imogen! I was wondering if you wanted to follow each other? I'm definitely going to get my netflix account back!
    My blog; messycurlss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and yes sure I will check out your blog and give you a follow xx

      Delete
  8. WOW your blog is so amazing! :) I really like the template and the way you write is awesome, I will definitely come back for more, keep up the great work, I'm a fan! ;) ♥♥♥

    xoxo Ana
    www.the-secret-life-of-ana-g.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is so kind of you! It means a lot to know you enjoy reading my blog, as I really enjoy writing it xx thank you! :-)

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10