Benefit, The Bronze of Champions- Review

Sunday, 17 May 2015

Hello Everyone,

I really love Benefit makeup-the products are always great quality and they aren't that bad a price either. We have a Benefit bar in the Boots where I live so I'm always on the hunt for new products there.

For my birthday a few months ago, I received the 'Bronze of Champions' set from Benefit from my parents after pointing it out in Boots several times before (I definitely wasn't hinting for them to buy it for me or anything).




I really like the packaging of this product (I believe it origninally came in another sleeve or box but I think I threw that away) and I love how inside it contains a little tips and tricks book with numbered steps on which product to apply and how to do so.

Anyway, on with the reviewing of the actual makeup inside...



Firstly, I am going to talk about the Watt's Up highlighter. I wanted to buy this for a while after seeing it recommended several times-however I wasn't sure whether I wanted to pay £24.50 for it and then get it home and perhaps not like it, so a small tester version was perfect for me. It applies really easily to the cheekbones and looks nice when accompanying bronzer or just on its own to give the cheeks a bit of a healthy glow.  

Therefore, I would personally say that this product is probably one of my favourites in this set-once I have used this mini sized one up, I may even invest in purchasing the regular sized one.


Next, we have the Hoola bronzer. This is a particularly popular product by Benefit and as with Watt's Up, I also wanted to buy this product before I received it in this set. I really like the little brush it comes with, as it is perfectly sized for the blusher. However, as for the actual blusher I'm not completely sold. My skin is very pale, and for the past few months this shade has looked way too dark on me; it's only now that spring has arrived and my skin has seen a bit more sun, that I can actually start wearing this bronzer and not look like a clown.

For that reason, I'm not sure whether I would go out and by this product in a regular size, but I will just have to see how it goes throughout the summer when I hopefully acquire more of a tan.


This set also comes with the Benefit staple that is the They're Real mascara. I believe a lot of sets include this mascara as I have had it in this smaller size a couple of times before. I have also personally bought the regular size version of this mascara before, and then asked for it again because I love it so much. It really is my favourite mascara, and I don't believe I would actually opt for another mascara apart from this one at the moment. This is because, it just glides onto my lashes so easily and immediately makes them look fuller. It also stays bold all day and I don't have to reapply-however this makes it a little difficult to get off sometimes when I remove my makeup later on.

As you can probably tell, I would repurchase the product again and again. I already own about three of these mascaras, but in my opinion you can never have enough of them.


Now, on to the Bikini-tini cream eyeshadow. This is something that I would never have thought about purchasing before receiving it in this set. However, I was pleasantly surprised with it- it gives the eye a nice shimmer and you can either wear it on its own or build on it with other darker eyeshadows( I often dab a bit of the ' Thanks a Latte' eyeshadow that you also receive in this set, over the top). 

My only criticism with this product and also the other eyeshadow in the set, is that no applicators come with it. Of course this can be easily solved by using some of my own eyeshadow applicators, but in the past I have had other Benefit sets that do include applicators. 

However, I probably would look to invest in another cream eyeshadow in the future.



Lastly, there's the Hoola lipgloss. I'm not normally a fan of light lipglosses like this, as I usually wear bolder glosses and lipsticks. But, I feel like this lipgloss does look really nice with a natural day to day makeup up look. I have also discovered recently that it works especially well in the spring and hopefully in the summer, when you want a light, dewy makeup look. I believe  that this lipgloss does definitely add the finishing touche to the set and works well with the bronze colours of the rest of the products.

Overall, I really do like this set. I feel as though it is more suited to my skin in the spring/summer rather than autumn/winter as it looks too dark when my skin is at its palest. The whole set is £26.50, which I think is a reasonable price considering that you receive several of Benefit's finest products inside.

Thanks for Reading,

Olivia x

You can find this product, and others I have mentioned at- https://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk

7 comments:

  1. Sounds really really cool and there are some great products mentioned!! Love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Yes there really are some great products inside this set :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem gal xx and yeah it looks like it xx

      Delete
    2. No problem gal xx and yeah it looks like it xx

      Delete
    3. No problem gal xx and yeah it looks like it xx

      Delete
  3. This looks like it has some nice products, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)
09 10